Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 223!

Hello! We've got a fantastic new sketch for you this week at Freshly Made Sketches brought to you by our intrepid color mix-master Amy!


 
I thought a tag would be a good substitute for the circle and a butterfly on that tag would be lovely.  What I didn't count on was card-makers block when it came down to those criss-cross layers.  I thought of washi tape and several different stamped images before I remembered that my fellow teammate Jen Timko's card featured some scrunched up thread instead.  So borrowing her idea I arranged some gold cord behind the tag.  The whole thing looked a little plain to me so I stamped a distressed grid on the background to give this some faux texture.

The colors this week at Color Throwdown are too pretty to pass up - I love the bit of gold!


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to stop by Freshly Made Sketches and check out the sketch and the inspiration from the design team.  I hope you'll be inspired to join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Painted Butterflies (Altenew); Distressed Grid (Creative Embellishments)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Whisper White, Blushing Bride (SU)
Ink:  Regal Rose, Rich Razzleberry(SU); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Golden Glitz Delicata
Accessories:  Anytime Tags 2 die (Lil' Inker Designs); gold cord (SU)

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Great take on the sketch, love his you've combined the different elements, I just want to keep looking at your card. Karen xxx

sandie said...

I love this Jen, love the use of the thread here. I will have to remember this one. Also like the grunge grid at the back. I really like grunge and pretty together, really inspiring card x

Jeanne J. said...

Clean and beautiful Jen!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stunning design Jen, I love the Altenew butterfly. So pretty in these colours!

SonjaK said...

Oh my, what a pretty, pretty card! I love everything about it. The colors the design. It's an awesome take on the sketch. And I LOVE this butterfly. Can you believe I bought this set and never used it yet. I must be mad.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous!

Karren said...

This is such a great take on the sketch, Jen! Using a tag is inspired as is the gold thread. Gorgeous card!

Silke Ledlow said...

You rocked the sketch...beautiful card Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

You are the tag queen! This butterfly is,gorgeous!

Amy O said...

Linda's right -- you are the tag queen. But you're also the butterfly queen...and the grunge background queen...and I could surely name a few more. Love your card and how you've used the sketch, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

The gold cording was a perfect substitute Jen! This is fantastic, what a pretty butterfly too!

Darnell said...

You are so inspiring, Jen! The depth and exquisite way you have with gentle layering leaves me in awe every time!! Hugs, Darnell

Petra Swart said...

WOW, Jen, GORGEOUS!!! Love it!!!! So beautiful!!!

Jen Timko said...

Yes, thread to the rescue!!! :-) Love the colors on this butterfly and the thread is the perfect touch.

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Jen,

Love how you worked around and adapted the sketches for your card. The butterfly is brilliant and I think the gold cord is perfect at the back. I buy all sorts of crochet cotton from the thrift stores, you can pick them up for like... 25 cents a BALL!!! You can even get gold and silver sparkly ones, costs pennies, goes far. The nicest thing too is that crochet cotton ties PERFECT little bows, you might try it sometime!

Hope you have a super creative week!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous take on the sketch Jen! I love the butterfly and the tag! I'm so envious of how you and Jen get your thread to look awesome! Mine always looks funny!!!

Kim P said...

Love this butterfly!
Great approach to this fun sketch...I hope to play along!

Wanda Mosqueda said...

Your cards are always so pretty! When I saw that you used the twine on your card, it gave me the idea to do the same thing on my card. Thank you for inspiring everyone with your gorgeous cards!!

Dana M said...

Gorgeous card Jen! I love the twine as the flagged element in the sketch.

Rita W said...

Love it! You are the master of tags!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I LOVE this card Jen! Those colours are absolutely gorgeous together and the addition of the tag is perfection!

Cindy Hall said...

Amazing! With a simple twist, you put a fabulous new look on the sketch! I love how you used a tag and the twine. Simply gorgeous!

Broni said...

Such a fresh and pretty card, Jen! So glad you could join us this week at the Color Throwdown!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic card, Jen! Love your butterfly with tag! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Color Throwdown.

Joan Ervin said...

How pretty, Jen...love the stamped background and what a beautiful butterfly!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!