Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 225

Hello, hello!  This week I am the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and I've got squares on my mind!  Of course, you don't necessarily need to use squares, any shape is just fine.  As long as we can see the sketch in your card it's all good!



I never know quite what to do with my own sketch.  Weird, huh?  I added some texture with embossing paste, some faux texture by sponging through a stencil then added some pretty pink leaves dotted with blue.  The first version of the card was sans button, but it looked a little plain so I added that with some baker's twine to jazz things up a bit.  My colors come from the inspiration photo at Fusion.


Well, as you can imagine the Freshly Made Sketches design team has cooked up some fantastic cards this week.  Pop on over to see how they interpreted the sketch.  No ordinary squares for those gals!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Feather Finery (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Soft Sky, Night of Navy, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories:  Diagonal Stripe stencil (Simon Says Stamp); Grid stencil (The Crafter's Companion); translucent embossing paste (Dreamweaver); Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things); Woodland Park button (October Afternoon); baker's twine

16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card! Love the colors with the accent of black! Thanks for the great sketch.....even though I messed it up! That's what I get for watching a movie and making a card at the same time!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, love those feathers and the button is just the right finishing touch. Karen x

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card!!

Patti said...

Hi Jen : )

Long time no see! but I'm back and excited to do your challenge this week! I've missed all your amazing inspiration! I especially love the colors you've used in your card - so springy!! : ) And we can all use some spring!

See you soon.

Patti

Jen Timko said...

I just love everything about this. The texture, the colors, the feathers!!! Thanks for an awesome sketch this week!

Gisela said...

Great inspiration! love how you used both challenges and the double layers on your card square.

Tracey McNeely said...

So pretty Jen! The feathers are so delicate!

Lisa Elton said...

Your dotty feathers are so pretty, wonderful card Jen!

Karren said...

I never know what to do with my sketches either! Your card (and sketch) are wonderful - the pattern on the pink is the perfect touch!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love the mix of colours and patterns! Those feathers are beautiful! Love the button! So fun!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

The pop of black is definitely perfect! Thanks for the super sketch! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Gorgeous! I love this mix of colours, images and embellishment! Love how you've tied those feathers together with the button - perfect finish!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty!

Lyndal said...

FABulous colour combo Jen - love the feathers! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

Petra Swart said...

Love the pink and blue with the lovely feathers and fun button, Jen!!! Beautiful!!!!
Hugz

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Those are some fun feather Jen! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fusion.