Monday, February 15, 2016

The Challenge #60

Happy Monday!  Today is a holiday for me so I'm home from work.  The weather has been uncharacteristically frigid so I haven't really enjoyed my long weekend with any special outdoor activities, but it's nice to be home relaxing all the same.

A few weeks ago one of my cards was chosen as a top pick at The Challenge so today I'm joining the ladies there as a guest designer!  The color challenge inspired a Valentine - a day late and a dollar short!



I actually had no intention of doing another Valentine, but I saw the sketch at CAS Colours & Sketches and thought the word "love" would look pretty good scrawled across the front of my card.  Then the challenge at Just Add Ink was to add a "V" so I had that covered too.  I'm pretty sure that this is the last Valentine that I'll make this year!  Finally it's one layer week at Less is More, where I haven't played along in a while so I'm adding this over there as well.


Thanks so much for stopping by and a big thanks to Lesley and the rest of the Design Team at The Challenge for inviting me along this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Circles Circles Circles (Whimsy Stamps); The Big the Bold and the Happy (Winnie & Walter)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray (SU)

20 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Congratulations on your win Jen! I can certainly understand it, your creations always inspire and this one is no exception! Glad you are enjoying your long weekend despite the weather! Have a great week! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Linda Callahan said...

So sweet!

karen h said...

Awesome card! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Lori said...

Fabulous CAS design! Thanks for being our guest this week at The Challenge!

Lesley said...

Love how pretty and fresh this is!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute CAS card Jen!

Nikki Spencer said...

Swoon!...Absolutely love the CAS style Jen..beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Petra Swart said...

CAS at it's best, Jen!!!! Absolute striking simplicity!!! Wonderful!!!
Have a great day!!!

Chrissie said...

Fab one layer card Jen, but I think you missed the fact that the focus for LIM this week is to include a stem!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jan said...

Such a beautiful crisp and clean design Jen! So striking and perfectly balanced. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week :-)

Lee-Anne said...

Such a wonderful CAS design...simple and just perfect, Jen!

Broni said...

Simply beautiful, Jen!

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous CAS card, so glad you could join us as a guest designer this week.

Patricia Hays said...

The bold sentiment is fantastic! Your card is perfectly CAS. Thanks so much for making CC&S part of your crafting fun! I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a stylish CAS card, Jen!!

Skylark said...

The one word sentiment on your card is very striking. Thanks for sharing it with us at CC&S this week Jen. Stef x

Tina said...

What an awesome take on the sketch! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Unknown said...

Jen - I love this card. It's so bold and yet so CAS. Really striking. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Hope to see you again next week. Liz x

Anne said...

Lovely card but unfortunately not eligible for our challenge - to use a stem on a one layer card :(
Do join us again
Anne
"Less is More"

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, you make CAS look so simple! I love this card! The bold sentiment is perfect! XX