Tuesday, May 3, 2016

colourQ 340!

Hello, hello!  There is a beautiful new palette of colors at colourQ this week!  I decided to use them for a graphic design.



As is my usual I was poking around blogland this weekend for a good sketch to use for my colourQ card this week.  I checked out the challenge at Sketch Saturday which was to choose one of their previous sketches.  As I was perusing their past sketches I found a one that was perfect for a new honeycomb die that I got recently.  


I cut the honeycomb in one of the colors then filled in some of the holes with the other colors.  I love how this turned out.  It's graphic and kinda cool!

The colourQ design team has made some beautiful cards with the colors this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope you are inspired to join us in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Painted Greetings (Altenew)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink); Certainly Celery, Poppy Parade, Rose Red (SU)
Ink:  Rose Red (SU)
Accessories:  Honeycomb Remnant die (Memory Box)

14 comments:

Shelly said...

This is awesome!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous!

Patti said...

SWEET!! what a fantastic take on both these challenges!! Love it!

Patti

Petra Swart said...

Love that honeycomb die and the clever way you have used the colours to fill in the cells, Jen!!!!! So lovely with a sweet sentiment!!!
Have a great day!!!

Happy Dance said...

Brilliant way to use this color palette. That die is amazing, and I love ow the reds pop. That's one amazing honeycomb die. This works so well, and I love it! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

How perfect was this die for the sketch challenge!! Fantastic card Jen!!

Karren said...

Love the pops of color on this fun and trendy card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Super cool...love the graphic...awesome take on the sketch!

Joyce said...

Graphic is clearly the way to go with these colors. Love your cool honeycomb.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great card, Thanks for playing on Sketch Saturday, Hazelx

Grenouille Greetings said...

A lovely interpretation of one of our old sketches at Sketch Saturday! Love how you have combined it with the colour challenge to make this perfect less is more styled card! Thank you for joining in the fun with the Saturday girls! Hugs, Lesley

Gloria said...

This is beautiful!
I really like the way you've used the sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week!

Lisbeth said...

hi
fun card
thanks for joining us at sketch saterday
hugs Lisbeth DT

Sylvia said...

Such a fun card, Jen, I love what you did with the honeycomb die!