Thursday, August 4, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 184!

Happy Thursday!  Only one more wake up day before the weekend!  But before we get to that we get to see a new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  This week our sketch is designed by Sam Simpson.



I usually shy away from sketches that have a repetitive image like this one, but for some reason when the repeating image is a snowflake I am totally ok with that.  Weird, I know.  But we all have our foibles!

I've been slowly but surely adding to my Christmas card stash and when I saw the tactile challenge at Less is More and the Anything Goes challenge at Christmas Card Challenges I could see some felt snowflakes in my future!

The blue layer and the blue on the sentiment is Baja Breeze (the best blue ever) and I will continue to say that until Stampin' Up! brings it out of retirement once and for all.  It also happens to be my go-to blue when I'm thinking of Christmas cards - or cards with snowflakes...


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've got some time to check out our latest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  We'd love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Joy (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Baja Breeze (SU)
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Cherry Cobbler (SU)
Accessories:  Blueprints 20 die (My Favorite Things); Maryanne snowflake die (Simon Says Stamp); felt

11 comments:

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Darnell said...

Ooooh, I might have to cop, er, CASE this for some of my Christmas cards, Jen! While snowflakes aren't identical, they are certainly repetitive, so I think using them for the sketch was genius! (And I agree with you about Baja Breeze!!) It's fun playing with you at CTS this week! Hugs, Darnell

Happy Dance said...

You'll never guess what my sister found at a rummage sale.... Uh-huh, a package of Baja Breeze cardstock!!!!! Now the next time I see her, she'll hand it all over to me, and if you send me your address, I'll share..... Sooo excited about that, as it absolutely, positively IS the prettiest blue ever! Your card is stunning. I love the white on white, with the ever-beautiful BB paper and ink. Those snowflakes are so pretty. I love your take on the sketch. Well done you!! Bev

donna mikasa said...

Oh, so pretty, Jen! Wintry gorgeousness!

Karren said...

So, so pretty and a perfect Christmas card with the tiny pops of red. In the interests of preserving Baja Breeze cardstock, I hope you cut out the unseen bit from that layer you used?

Lisa Elton said...

The is so pretty Jen! Love the crisp white frosty flakes with baja breeze!

Esther said...

Stunning card, so crisp and clean and beautifully festive. Thanks so much for sharing at Less is More!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card, Jen! Perfect take on the sketch!

Alanna said...

What a gorgeous card. This really stood out in the gallery at Christmas Card Challenges -- thanks for playing along. Also, your card has been featured on our Facebook page -- https://www.facebook.com/christmascardchallenges/

samantha's cards said...

Lovely card! thanks for joining us at Christmas card challenges.

Patti said...

I can't say if I am more WOWed! at your beautiful card or that you've managed to retain such a nice big piece of Baja Breeze!! MY personal all time favorite color of ANY company too!! : ) This is truly beautiful Jen!

Patti