Thursday, August 11, 2016

CAS(E) This Sketch 185!

Happy Thursday everyone!  Today there's a new sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch designed by Leigh.  Initially, this was stumper for me and then I remembered the "light up my life" challenge at The Paper Players and new this sunburst stencil would be just the thing.



I wanted my focal image to have a defined point on the center-right, like the sketch.  The rays of my sunshine fan out and fade to the left, which is a wee bit farther than the image on the sketch, but you get the idea!  A bold sentiment later and I was done!  Easy peasy!

If you haven't come here from the CAS(E) This Sketch blog then run, don't walk, over there to see the amazing inspiration from the design team for this sketch.  You will not be disappointed and I am sure that you will be inspired to join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Awesome (Neat & Tangled)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Black (Simon Says Stamp); Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight (SU); Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Texture Shine stencil (Memory Box)

11 comments:

Kim S said...

I'm busily preparing for my oldest to head off to college and making a number of cards that I can send off to him at a moment's notice - this one is perfect!! So I will definitely CASE!!

Linda Callahan said...

You are awesome girl! Perfect combo of the challenges! Don't ya love it when a plan comes together?

Leigh Penner said...

This is awesome, Jen! I love your fabulous take on the sketch!

Patti said...

Hi Jen : )

I love your take on this COOL! sketch!

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

And awesome you are my friend!! This is a wonderful card, love the beautiful sunburst!!

Karren said...

This sketch is a toughie but you nailed it! So clever and so fabulous!

Hannelie said...

Awesome take on the sketch and theme at the Paper Players Jen!
Thanks for playing!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is just fab Jen! I saw the sketch and it threw me, for sure - this is such a great interpretation and I love that it fits with my challenge too! Thanks for playing along with my light-themed challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Colleen Begley said...

Another masterpiece! Love the graphic image with the sentiment. Great colors too. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Michelle said...

What a perfect take on the sketch, Jen. I love this card!

Brent Scheffer said...

I think the card is great. I am CASing your card. It should appear later.