Tuesday, August 30, 2016

colourQ 357!

I love the color palette this week at colourQ.  It's so vibrant and makes me think of tropical things.  Of course, I may have been thinking of a tropical theme because I was going through some old cards recently and I came across one I made a long time ago using a toucan.  It was such a fun, colorful card so I really wanted to use that image again.  Then lo and behold our latest colourQ challenge happened!



The Melon Mambo polka dotted background proved to be too over-powering for my little toucan so I cut out a stitched flower petal in white to layer behind him.  Although I was successful in creating a break between the two colors I can't help feeling that this is really an out-take from my favorite Looney Tunes cartoon Duck Amuck - with the part of the duck being played by a toucan!  LOL!  If you've ever seen that cartoon you may remember there is a scene in it where Daffy Duck is walking along and some giant flower petals frame his face.  Every time I look at my little toucan that's all I can think of!

I got my layout from the latest challenge at The Paper Players.  It was perfect for using up some of that old Melon Mambo patterned paper.


Be sure to check out the inspiration from my fellow teamies at colourQ!  I hope to see you in the gallery!  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tropical Hideaway (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  White (Papertrey Ink); Black (Simon Says Stamp); Melon Mambo, Melon Mambo DSP (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Jet Black (Altenew); Copics
Accessories:  Stitched Sentiment Flag die (Lil' Inker Designs); Flower Petal die (My Creative Time)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Whoo-can make me smile with this wonderful card??? Yooooou-can with this toooou-can.......

Lisa Elton said...

Well now isn't this FUN!! You know I love the polka dots and that toucan is a hoot!! He also reminds me of those cartoon crows called Heckle and Jeckle!!

Patti said...

Toucan do it! heehee this is too too cute! : ) I am loving this ColourQ color pallet this week! wowser right up my alley : )

Patti

laurie said...

How cute is this! so fun and cheerful too. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players this week!

Jaydee said...

Oh, Punny! Love that little toucan popping out and the polka dot paper, too. Great take on the sketch Jen. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

LeAnne said...

LOL, this is too funny! LOVE the bright colors and your toucan is very punny! THanks for playing with us this week!