Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 251!

I am happy to report that I think I have made quite a dent in my Christmas card stash this year.  I'm afraid to count how many I actually have in case it's a lot less than I think it is - I don't want any bad news to spoil my good mood!  The sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches, brought to you by the lovely and very talented Cindy Hall, gave me the opportunity to add another one.  Although, this one is a tag.



The color palette at Christmas Card Challenges inspired the colors of my little elf's suit  and it was easy to create a background with some of the neutral colors.  I actually cut into some very old patterned paper to make one of the background shapes.  Normally I gaze fondly at that paper as I lament that it is just too pretty to cut, but I decided that there's no use staring at that paper anymore when I can put it to good use.  So here it is!  I tried to fit an oval shape on here but I just wasn't loving any of them - the sizes were all wrong.  So out came my Bam Bubble die and I got a cool background for my elf!


I hope you can play along with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our amazing design team has cooked up some beautiful cards to inspire you!

Supplies
Stamps:  Toy Land (The Alley Way Stamps); Sketchy Christmas (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Bashful Blue, Holiday Thyme DSP (SU); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Early Espresso (SU); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Traditional Tags STAX, Pierced Traditional Tags STAX (My Favorite Things); Labels Nine die (Spellbinders); Bam Bubbles die (Paper Smooches); Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, Early Espresso grosgrain ribbon (SU); Winter Wonderland sequins (Neat & Tangled); burlap twine

15 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Adorable Jen! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Linda Callahan said...

Cutest elf ever.....and I love that he is done in blue! Adorable tag!

Deepti said...

Such a cute tag :)

Lisa Elton said...

That little elf is too cute for his own good!! Adorable tag Jen!!

Amy O said...

This little elf is adorable! And you colored him so beautifully. Great idea to make a tag with the sketch. I need to follow your lead and make more Christmas cards now.

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Super cute card and image!Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Challenge

Cindy Hall said...

I love how you used the sketch for a tag, and the cutest tag I've ever seen! I love that elf and the background you created for him and the perfect wa you embellished the tag.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great tag Jen! You're so creative! I love that little elf and your colouring is amazing! So perfect! I don't want to read about your dent in your Christmas cards!!! Maybe you can come and make some for me!!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh my goodness - this tag is just the cutest! Loving that sweet little elf sic!

Happy Dance said...

Absolutely adorable little elf, Jen! He's about the cutest I've ever seen. GREAT use of the colors, and the bubble is just perfect instead of the oval. So glad you used the dp, too. Sets this little guy right off. I love this!! And I haven't made on Christmas card this year.....my bad! Bev

Cécile RIBON said...

What a lovely Christmas tag Jen ! This little elf is so cut ! And what a fabulous coloring !

Karren said...

This elf is just the cutest! And what a great idea to make a tag from the sketch - so cute! And I'm so envious that you're getting ahead with your Christmas cards. I'm hoping that all the new releases coming up will inspire me because at the moment I have zero inclination to create Christmas cards.

Jen Timko said...

Totally and completely adore this fellow! And I just love that you used the sketch on a tag. You are a genius!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cute tag Jen! You did a great job coloring the sweet image! Thanks for the inspiration!

Rita W said...

I love that you made it into a tag! So clever. And an adorable tag at that!