Friday, August 19, 2016

Tag You're It 54!

So I've been feeling a wee bit French this week.  Or should I say un peu French!  I recently got some new dies from a French company and I've used a couple of of them on some projects that I posted earlier this week.  So I decided to continue the theme by using some stamps from a set called French Foliage on my tag for Tag You're It.  This week our guest designer Michelle Short gave us the inspiration.


I stamped the leaves in red and yellow using a (heavy-handed) rock and roll technique.  I used some masking fluid on the leaves and sponged a blue background.  I flicked a little water on it to replicate the background on Michelle's tag.  My sentiment, of course, is French.

I used the colors from The Paper Players and was totally going to add this at Less is More where the challenge is one layer with "something French" then I remembered that my sentiment was an additional layer.  Rats!  By the way, once I had this all put together I realized that I did this with the tag upside down!  Double rats!


The Tag You're It design team has got some beautiful cards to show you this week so be sure to pop on over to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  French Foliage (SU)
Paper:  Distress Watecolor (Tim Holtz); Basic Black (SU)
Ink:  Salty Ocean (Distress); Real Red, Daffodil Delight (SU)
Accessories:  Basic Bookmark 3 die (Papertrey Ink); baker's twine

9 comments:

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous tag, Jen. I love the soft feel of the leaves against the blue background. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty tag Jen!

Patti said...

weewee... is that French? LOL I'm a Sign Language Interpreter! the spoken language isn't my strong suit! But this tag is delightful Jen!! I love everything from the beautiful image - to the design - to the colors you've used!! wowie!

Bravo! <--- is that Italian? giggles

Patti

Colleen Begley said...

Beautiful!! Those bright red and yellow leaves really stand out on the lighter blue. Great background too. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Just beautiful Jen! LOVE those bright colours with the two tone leaves! Have a wonderful weekend! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty tag Jen!!

Karren said...

That French Foliage set is such a classic! Gorgeous tag and what a great way to use those non-leafy colors -they look fabulous as leaves and background.

Susan said...

Jen love your tag...terrific take on the inspiration!

Michelle Short said...

I love this, Jen! Your take on my tag is stunning! Thank you! :)