Tuesday, September 27, 2016

colourQ 361!

The weather has taken a turn for fall here so the palette this week at colourQ was perfect for my mood!



I really liked how the big "H" on the inspiration photo was a bright blue color (against all those neutrals) so I really wanted to create something along the same lines.  So for my card I used everything but the blue and orange to create the background.  I then die cut the sentiment in Tempting Turquoise, a couple of the leaves in Tangerine Tango, layered them on and I was done!  I got a lot of help from the sketch at Sunday Stamps!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you've got time to play along with us at colourQ this week.  Our design team has made some beautiful cards to inspire you so be sure to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  French Foliage, Gorgeous Grunge (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Thanks die (Simon Says Stamp); Feuilles Tropicales die (Simply Graphic); Stitched Leaves die (Lawn Fawn)

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful job with the sketch and our colors Jen, this is FABulous!! I like the subtle kraft background and the pops of bright colors in the foreground!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous card!!!

Kim S said...

I love how you were inspired by the photo - that bright blue really pops on top off all of those lovely fall colors.

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Jen, love all the texture in your card! Thanks for being so kind coming for a visit! Have a beautiful weekend!

Heidi Baks said...

What a nice fall card! Beautiful pop of blue. Thanks for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Such a beautiful Fall card, Jen! The color combo is amazing and the beautiful sentiment in turquoise is the best! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX