Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches 260!

I've been away for a few days but I'm back today with a new card for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Kim and she's got this great sketch with awesome shapes.  Take a look!


I just got that new leaf stamp and really wanted to ink it up.  I think I tried three times and made a mistake of one kind or another on it each time.  I ended up going with my first try because I could obscure the mistake with the die cut sentiment.  (Some of the veiny part of the leaf didn't stamp completely).  BTW, that veiny part is heat embossed in copper on top of the sponged color background.

I was inspired by the challenge at CAS Colours & Sketches and though it looks gold in the picture, the die cut sentiment and cord are actually copper in color.  And in case you miss it in the photo, there's a vellum flag under the sentiment too.  Photography is obviously not my forte!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the inspiration from the always-amazing Freshly Made Sketches design team.  We'd love to see you in the gallery this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Lace Leaf (Concord & 9th)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Vellum (Papertrey Ink); Kraft-Core Metallic (Tim Holtz)
Ink:  Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up!); Versamark
Accessories:  Grateful Leaf die (Concord & 9th); Epis de blé die (4enscrap); Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX (My Favorite Things); copper cord (Stampin' Up!); copper embossing powder (Ranger)

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that leaf is gorgeous! Love al the colors and embossing! Very classy card!

Jane said...

Inspired use of the sketch, that leaf is just dreamy! Thanks for playing at CC&S.

karen h said...

Beautiful! Love the mix of stamped and die cut leaves! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Lisa Elton said...

Ooooh, what pretty colors on your leaf!! This is lovely Jen!

Karren said...

I love this leaf - it's so striking and looks gorgeous in these colors. Fabulous card!

Beverley said...

Beautiful leaf and foliage sprig, love how you used the challenge colours and the sketch. Thanks so much for inspiring and joining in at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow Jen! That leaf is just gorgeous! I can't believe you made that!!!! Love the gold sentiment! So beautiful!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous leaf ! The copper embossed foliage over the sponged backgroung is kind of magic! Love how your XXl sentiment stands for the fish tail banner! A wonderful take on the sketch

Kim S said...

What a lovely use of that leaf! Gorgeous colors - and I love the goruping with the smaller leaves.