Thursday, March 9, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 212

Hey there!  We've got a brand new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch to introduce to you this fine day.  It's pretty awesome and I'm also pretty sure that you are going to love it!



The other day on my Facebook feed a video popped up about stamping a plaid background.  It reminded me that I used to create my own plaid backgrounds with post-it tapes and lots of sponged colors.  This sketch seemed perfect for that technique so, inspired by the colors at Sunday Stamps, I sat down at my desk and spent a relaxing time swirling color around on my card front.


I added a bold sentiment (with a few cat hairs interfering for good measure) and I was done!  I'm pleased with how this came out and I think I can use this for that oh-so-difficult man-card!  A birthday sentiment on the inside would be perfect.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the cards that our amazing CAS(E) This Sketch design team has made for this challenge.  You're going to love them!

Supplies
Stamps:  Celebrate Big (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  White (Catherine Pooler)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Dusty Durango (Stampin' Up!); Simply Chartreuse, Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink); Jet Black (Altenew)

9 comments:

Happy Dance said...

At first I thought, "What a great piece of plaid designer paper, I wonder who makes it?!" Then I finished reading.... Dang girl!! This is the coolest color combination and the most perfectly created plaid ever. I LOVE THIS! I keep stopping commenting and going back and sneaking peeks at your card. It's brilliant. You're brilliant. I'll stop now, but WOW!!! Bev

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I am a sucker for plaids.....you did a fabulous job creating one! Great card!

LeAnne said...

What a cool plaid you've created!! I remember doing them with a stencil from SU....waaaaay back when! I love these colors, too!

Heidi Baks said...

I really thought that was patterned paper - great job! Every time I try to make my own, it looks like kindergarten. :) I love seeing how your card came out with the challenge colors. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Leigh Penner said...

I love that plaid!

Lisa Elton said...

You've done an amazing job with your stamped plaid Jen!! Love the colors too. Fabulous card!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! I love the plaid you created! FABULOUS! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Karren said...

Your plaid is perfect! Wonderful card and ideal for a man card!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I had to smile at the cat hairs, Jen!!!!!! Your plaid looks like beautiful designer paper and I love the bold sentiment!!!!! A lovely masculine card!!!!!
Hugz