Thursday, March 23, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 214

The calendar says spring but someone needs to tell Mother Nature!  We started out this first official week of spring with some beautiful weather and warm temperatures (warm for Massachusetts in March, I mean)!  But then old man winter decided he needed an encore and came back with cold weather plus lots and lots of wind.  Temporary, I am sure, but enough already.  Bring on spring for real!

For real, though, we've got a great new sketch for you at CAS(E) This Sketch.  It put me in mind of lots of leafy die cuts so that's the direction I went in.



And the colors this week at Color Throwdown gave me an excuse to dig into my stash of Baja Breeze card stock!  There's a die cut challenge at AAA Cards too so I think this qualifies there as well.


My teamies at CAS(E) This Sketch have interpreted this sketch in some beautiful ways so be sure to check them out.  I am sure you will be inspired to join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Sweet Treats (Verve)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Baja Breeze, So Saffron, Really Rust, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Leaf Filled Flourish die, Blueprints 13 (My Favorite Things); Curvy Leaves die (Elizabeth Craft Designs); Berry Sprig die (Poppystamps); Physalis die (Simply Graphic); Frightful enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

11 comments:

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Beautifully elegant and fresh Jen. Lovely tones of colour and a perfectly CAS card using those dies. Thanks for playing along at AAA this week.

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous! Love the CTD colors you used...and the fresh design! Yes, we have winter winds here too and the snow just won't go away! But I KNOW spring is coming!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like this cluster of prettiness on your card Jen!

Happy Dance said...

Ahhh....Baja Breeze! Oh Jen, this is fabulous. Those flourishes, leaves, branches, vellum...perfection! What an amazing card. You've used the CTD colors beautifully, too. I think you've got a winner here. One of my top five of yours. Must be the Baja Breeze, lol!! Wonderful card. Bev

Kara Lynne said...

What a beautiful array of flourishes and leaves, Jen! Great use of the colors and the sketch!

Kate said...

What a gorgeous spray. I absolutely love the colours and perfect placement of die cuts. Just lovely

Leigh Penner said...

This is so pretty, Jen! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Vickie Z said...

Fun card!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

desperatehousewifecraft said...

I really love how you layered your florals, so beautiful and delicate!

Ceal said...

gorgeous card, thanks for playing at AAA Cat=rds!