Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 278!

This week I am the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches!  I designed the sketch so that there would be plenty of room for creative interpretation.  At least I hope I did!



I was feeling a little nostalgic for some of my old stamps apparently because I grabbed an old SU set and stamped these grassy images.  And since it's been a while since I've made a butterfly card I decided that a butterfly would look quite nice resting on some of those blades of grass.  I actually made a big boo-boo on this card and if you look closely you'll probably see it.  I wanted to make sure that I got a good image of the grass and was pressing the stamp with a bit more force than was probably necessary because it ended up moving a smidge and I got a bit of double image.  I actually liked how it looked so I didn't re-do it.  I remember this old adage very well:  there are no mistakes in stamping!

The colors for my card come from the latest challenge at Cupcake Inspirations.  Incidentally I didn't set out to make a sympathy card, but as I was perusing my sentiment stamps my eye happened to fall on a set of sympathy sentiments that I got recently and one of them fit perfectly on that panel.  The strange thing is that some friends of mine lost a family member recently and I really think that I was being guided to make this particular card at this particular time.  Amen!


I really hope you have a chance to play along this week with my sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  If you need some inspiration you need only to hop on over there to see some amazing creations from the design team!  See you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Inspired by Nature (Stamin' Up!); Keep it Simple: Sympathy (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Pure Ivory (Gina K); Chocolate Chip, Bermuda Bay, Regal Rose, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Bermuda Bay (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Papillon die (4enscrap); Wink of Stella

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is very pretty....sweet pink butterfly! And the grass looks great.....no mistakes in sight! Thanks for a great sketch too!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely sympathy card Jen and I like your sketch!

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Jen,
I love it and the clever idea of the blades of grass with the butterfly. Great take on your sketch this week and I don't see the boo boo.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Petra Swart said...

What a beautiful sympathy card and what a great sketch, Jen!!!! Love your very cute little pink butterfly against the waving grass!!!!
Have a great day!!!
Hugz

Sandy said...

Very pretty sympathy card! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!
- Sandy, DT

Karren said...

Beautiful sympathy card, Jen. Those grasses look so peacful "waving" in the wind.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card Jen! I think the grass turned out great! Love the colours! Lovely sympathy card!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I LOVE the colors that you used! The brown grounds that lovely teal grass and that butterfly is DIVINE!! Stunning card!!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! You've made such a wonderful use of this butterfly die-cut, Jen!fantastic colors too.

Jen Timko said...

Not a booboo....the paper just knew what it needed! This is so pretty, Jen. Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Amy O said...

Yay!! A Jen butterfly card (I always love those)! And I do love this one. Thanks for the great sketch this week.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Truly beautiful! I never got this stamp set and regret it all the time - it's so elegant and so versatile. Beautiful colours too!