Saturday, March 25, 2017

Lesley's Baby Girl Blog Hop


The secret is out!  Today is the day!  For these many long weeks friends of Lesley Croghan have been secretly planning a special baby blog hop just for her!  Our fearless leader in this super-secret mission is Lori Turner and I just want to start out this post by giving her a huge shout-out for conceiving of this idea, inviting a vast stamping community to play along, and for organizing the whole thing!

I am sure that many of you reading this know Lesley.  And if you don't know her personally I am sure that you have been touched by her in some way (even if you don't realize it).  She's been the driving force behind a multitude of stamping challenges all across blogland, many of which you might play along with every week.  She always has a word of encouragement for her stamping friends, a smile to offer, and is someone who I would really like to meet some day in real life!

Many years ago, back in early 2011, I got an email from Lesley asking me if I would like to be a guest designer at The Paper Players for the month of April 2011.  I was just a girl that liked to make cards and play along in challenges and here this rock-star was asking ME if I would like to join her band of merry card-makers.  Once I contained my excitement I said yes and I am forever grateful to her for giving me a chance to flex my card-making muscles and for encouraging me in this wonderful paper crafting community.  Although she probably didn't know it, she gave me the courage to continue on this crafty journey I had set myself on.

So today I get to be a small part of another community of friends that collectively thanks Lesley for her friendship, her mentorship, and her endless crafty inspiration.  Lesley is expecting a baby girl soon and I wanted to send her and her husband my heartfelt wishes for a healthy and beautiful baby with this wee card.


Now, there are quite a few of us like-minded crafty souls who have also made cards for Lesley and you can find them all here on Lori's blog.  There's a link party going on over there and we would love to have you join us.  Just make a baby themed card and link it to the gallery.

Over the last several weeks Lori collected all of our cards, packaged them up and sent them to Lesley with strict instructions to not open the box until today.  I wish I was there to see the look on her face when she saw what was inside!


Finally I am sending many blessings to you, Lesley and Corey, for a beautiful, healthy, and happy baby!

Supplies
Stamps:  Welcome Baby (SugarPea Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenh); Pixie (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Pink Pirouette (Stampin Up)!
Accesories:  Welcome Baby die (SugarPea Designs); Alpha Whimsy die (Paper Smooches)

8 comments:

Nance said...

This is the first shaker baby card in the hop I believe, so wonderful! Love the "oh baby". What fun! Thanks for being part of the hop and surprising Lesley!

Marisa said...

Such a cute shaker card!!

Linda Callahan said...

So sweet! Love that you made a shaker card!

stampwithsandy said...

What an adorable shaker card, Lori! I loved reading how you know Lesley, too. Awesome post all around!

Nancy said...

This card is Awesome! Love the bold block letters and the the fun shaker elements! Super job!

Lisa Elton said...

What a perfectly sweet little shaker card!! Love this Jen and Lesley will too!!

Karren said...

Your shaker card is just beautiful and so very, very cute, Jen. I loved reading your story and I'm so glad Lesley approached you way back then!

Lesley said...

Wow! I'm speechless and so touched by your kind words, Jen! This card is delightful as always and yes...I can't wait to meet you one day too! Big hugs and thank you!!!