Thursday, April 13, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 217

It's funny how inspiration strikes sometimes, right?  Take this weeks challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I spent a lot of time mulling over this sketch and thinking of a superhero in front of a pointy bubble or a city skyline.  I was all set to make that card when I happened to spot a project that I made ages ago using a leafy die with lots of pointy leaves.  And poof!  A brand new idea was born!




Cool sketch huh?  My pointy palm fronds are meant to mimic the pointy elements of the sketch.  And I found a wee sentiment that fit perfectly on the bottom corner.  The background is the last piece I had of some ombre patterned paper.  I guess that means I have to practice making some of that on my own now!

My CAS(E) This Sketch teamies have got some great interpretations of this sketch so be sure to check them out!  I hope you've got time to join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies
Stamps:  Thanks (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Ocean Tides (Papertrey Ink); Black (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:   Palm Fancy die (Hero Arts)

9 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! I LOVE your interpretation of this sketch!! The shaded background with those fun fronds are fantastic!! I am loving seeing everyones cards because this sketch stumps me!!

Lisa Elton said...

Cool sketch, cool card! Love the way you were inspired Jen. This is fantastic!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, I love your take on the sketch, Jen - a brilliant idea to use the leaves!!!! Your softly shaded bg is beautiful and the sentiment stamp is the perfect one to go with your design!!!!!! Wonderfully done!!!
Have a great Easter weekend!!!
Hugz

Karren said...

Love, love, love this card! So bold and dramatic and the ombre background is gorgeous.

Linda Callahan said...

Simple elegance and beautiful take on the sketch!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

I would never have guessed that you hadn't created that gorgeous paper, Jen! Love the color combo - and your gorgeous palm leaves so perfectly represent our sketch!!
=]

donna mikasa said...

Fantastic take on the sketch, Jen! And I believe I HAVE that Hero Arts(?) stamp, too!

Cécile RIBON said...

This is définitively a gorgeous card, Jen! Amazing colors and CAS perfection!