Thursday, April 27, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 219

Well today is an exciting day.  There's a new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch and yours truly designed it!  It's always a bit of a nail biter when that happens because I don't know if people will like the sketch or not.  But here goes:



Of course, I just had to use a butterfly on my card and the colors are courtesy of the challenge at Sunday Stamps.  I added some paint splatters behind the butterfly as well as some diagonal lines that are distressed a little bit.  Easy peasy!  I think I might use this for my mother's day card this year.  It's simple and colorful, reminds me of spring, and I think my mother will love it!


My CAS(E) This Sketch teamies have made some beautiful cards with my sketch so be sure to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies
Stamps:  Papillon (The Stamp Market); Gorgeous Grunge (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Garden Green, So Saffron, Peach Parfait (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Papillon die (The Stamp Market)

16 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fabulous take on that sketch Jen! LOVE that butterfly and the gorgeous colours! Have a lovely day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

sandie said...

I love this Jen, inspired an idea, so thank you!

LeAnne said...

OF COURSE we would like your sketch...and what you did with it...and ALL the others as well! Love it!

I Card Everyone said...

A gorgeous Sketch, and beautiful card!!! Jen, can you believe not one of us used a Batman Quote??? BAM!!! xx
=]

Barb Ghig said...

Such a lovely CAS sketch and your card is gorgeous, Jen! I can't wait to play along!

Michelle said...

I love this sketch and what everybody did with it! I think it is challenging to come up with simpler ideas, but you make it look easy!

Happy Dance said...

Great sketch! If all goes well, I might just have to play along...how could I not?! That's a beautiful butterfly, and in the prettiest of Spring colors. I'm sure your mom will love it - it's so pretty! Bev

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Fabulous sketch and a fabulous card!!! Love that butterfly!

Annette Elliott said...

Great card, as I am sure your mom will love it- simple, clean and pretty. :) thanks for attaching our color challenge at Sunday Stamps! with your creative sketch challenge this week! Happy stamping!

Karren said...

Love your card and love your sketch! The images you've used work so well together. I made a card yesterday using it and just have to blog it.

Kim S said...

Truly lovely! Such a beautiful butterfly and the background is such a perfect contrast!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous sketch, Jen, and beautiful card! I love them!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Ooh, CAS perfection Jen! LOVE your take on that sketch! The colours in that butterfly are awesome! Have a wonderful Sunday! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Lisa Elton said...

This is perfect for the sketch, love it Jen!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Oh Man, Jen - your sketch is sure a hit with me!

I really like your banner part, I think the flutter-by is darling but the simple little splatters behind make the entire thing come together in such a wonderful way.

Leena Girsa said...

What a pretty CAS card! That butterfly nearly floats off the page. Thanks for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps this week.