Thursday, May 25, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 223

I know I've said this before but sometimes if I am stumped about a card I need to make for a particular challenge I find that all of a sudden I will see something or hear something and right away a light bulb goes off in my head and I get an idea for the card.  That is pretty much what happened to me for my CAS(E) This Sketch card.



The oval on the sketch had me mentally reviewing my stash wondering what if I had any oval dies or a stencil that might lend itself to an oval shape.  I was coming up with no good ideas and I was starting to get desperate.  It was nearly 10 PM on Tuesday and I really didn't want to go to bed without making a card.  Then lo and behold I saw the "loud" cue word at CASology and an idea started to take shape.  "Bam" is an onomatopoeia, right?  And it's loud!  And the oval?  I realized it didn't need to be "oval!"  The "pink" challenge at Addicted to CAS was kind of a cool take on my idea so I incorporated three shades of pink on my card and I heat embossed the sentiment onto vellum for the AAA challenge.

The whole card fell into place within a half hour or so - once I stumbled on the initial idea for it.  I've learned that even duing those times when I'm super frustrated because my mojo seems to have gone on walkabout, inspiration will inevitably strike like a lightening bolt!



Thanks for stopping by.  And I hope that our latest challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch will inspire you like a lightening bolt!  We'd love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Amazing (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Cloud White (Reverse Confetti); Hibiscus Burst (Papertrey Ink); Pretty in Pink, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Pow Zap Bam die (Frantic Stamper); Melon Mambo embossing powder (Stampin' Up!)

11 comments:

donna mikasa said...

LOVE this, Jen! The different shades of pink are so pretty and it's a perfect take on all the challenges!

Lisa Elton said...

No oval...who cares...this is FANTASTIC!!

Jane said...

So agree with you about the mojo thing, sometimes you just have to let things take a back seat for a while and then it just happens. And your happening was a really fabulous one. Thanks for sharing at AAA Cards.

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Jen!

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you chose 3 shades of pink for your focal point, and what a clever way to combine a few challenges! Fun card, Jen! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Stampingcountry said...

What a fun and simple Clean and Simple card! Love it!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful and inspirational card. So simple and bold. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Jacquie Southas said...

Your card does all four challenges justice, Jen! I love the BAM in pink! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Karren said...

Brilliant take on the sketch, Jen! Your pink superhero card is perfect - you so rock the superhero theme!

Ceal said...

super fun card, thanks fr joining us at AAA Cards and ATCAS!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So cool - you nailed this one. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.