Thursday, June 22, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 227

Hello, hello!  It's time for a new sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch.  It's a classic one for sure designed by N@ Ali.



It's been a while since I used this grid image stamp to take the place of a rectangular "layer" on a card and figured it was high time I took it out and showed it some love.  It's actually one of my favorite images to use for that purpose.  Then I inked up this butterfly image that I've had for ages and never used.  And I am pleased as punch that my wee sentiment fit exactly between the lines of the grid.  And I mean exactly!  Serendipity, that is.  The colors I used come from The Challenge.


The first day of summer here was glorious!  The sun was shining, the temperatures were warm and I enjoyed both of those things when I went for a walk on my lunch hour.  Hopefully there's a lot more where that came from in the days ahead!

Well, that's it for me today.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to check out the inspiration from the design team at CAS(E) This Sketch.  Join us in the gallery too!

Supplies
Stamps:  Off the Grid (Stampin' Up!); A Better You (Clearly Besotted); Hello Hello (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Hawaiin Shores (Papertrey Ink); Crisp Cantaloupe, Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  enamel dots (Doodlebug Designs)

5 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, I love this! Fabulous take on the sketch, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

I do love it when you use that grid! Your little butterfly is super sweet. Magnificent card Jen!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Love the grid background, Jen! Perfect CAS card. Hideko :-)

Karren said...

You always have such great ideas to use with these sketches! The grid background is so cool and the sentiment does indeed fit between the lines perfectly.

LeAnne said...

I would love this no matter where that sentiment ended up! Every time I see you use this grid stamp, I kick myself for not getting it! Perfectly beautiful with those colors!