Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 298

I had bright colors on the brain when I sat down to make my card for Freshly Made Sketches this week.  I had recently watched a Kristina Werner video where she did a rainbow colored design with some hexagons.  I didn't have any hexagons, or use rainbow colors for that matter, but even still I was inspired to use a graphic image and some fun colors to make this card.  Linda gave us the sketch this week.  Check it out:


The stamp I used was only big enough to cover a certain amount of space so I made my card 4 1/4" square to make sure it went from corner to corner.  I colored it with some Copics in nice bright colors then added a die cut "hello" sentiment a-la the challenge this week at Fusion.


This card was shockingly easy to put together.  There was no fussing, fuming, or changing of anything!  I even managed to color within the lines!

Thanks for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has got some fabulous cards to show you so be sure to pop on over there to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Stackem' High (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Happy Hellos die (My Favorite Things)

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Always good to stay between the lines.....lol! Love your patterned diagonal with the bright colors....Sweet card!

Happy Dance said...

Shades of Ardyth, lol! A CAS 4.25 x 4.25 card with wonderfully bold colors. Your design is fabulous! I love those colors and the sweet 'hello' has such a great font. Your take on the new FMS sketch is spot-on, too. Very cool!!! Bev

Lisa Elton said...

I like the away you think, this is fantastic!!

Karren said...

I saw that video of Kristina's and after picking my mouth up off the floor, I immediately added that hexagon stamp to my ever-growing wish list. Your card is a great interpretation of the sketch and you've created a gorgeous CAS card.

Jen Brum said...

I love this card Jen! That stamp is so gorgeous and those bright colours stand out so nicely against the white. Great colouring! So pretty!

Jen Timko said...

Yep, I saw that video too. I love how you took the inspiration and made this a totally "you" card. What a great image to use!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Wow! This is such a cool take on the sketch and the colours you've used are sooooo pretty!