Thursday, August 24, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 236

It seemed like it was time to make a Halloween card.  It's still summer here and the weather is finally acting like it so I don't know why I'm thinking of a mid-autumn, slighly chilly weathered holiday.  But thinking about it I am.  On second thought if you keep reading you might find out why.  In any event it's time for an new reveal at CAS)E) This Sketch so here's what I've got.



By no means did I start the creative process for this card with Halloween thoughts.  But as is typical for me I start running ideas through my head at random moments.  I walk on my lunch break and that's a terrific time to design cards in the abstract.  All these musings lead me to the challenge at Fusion (where I chose the colors) and from there it was a short leap to Halloween.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can pop on over to CAS(E) This Sketch to check out the design team cards there.  I am sure you will be inspired to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Autumn Apparitions, Bite Me (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Classic Ivory  (Flourishes); Basic Black, Halloween Night DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  white embossing powder

6 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is this! LOVE Halloween, great sketch too!

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute! Adorable for Halloween! And Yep I have on a sweater and sox.....yikes!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute card Jen!! I love fall. This card has me longing for it. Either that or the cool temps we have tonight. 50 in August...what's going on here!!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Jen!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a cute Halloween card, Jen! Love your choice of the dSp. It's perfect for the cat and the bat. Hideko

Karren said...

So cute! The cat and the bat are adorable and really stand out against the orange background.