Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 302

This week at Freshly Made Sketches Cécile is our hostess.  She has this amazing way of selecting the best die cut shapes then layering them in such a way that you are immediately smitten with her style.  I tried to channel my inner Cécile with my card this week - using some dies from a French store that, I believe, is one of her favorites.  The enabling continues at Freshly Made Sketches!

For the big circle I slathered on some embossing paste using a circular stencil then I layered on a triangle (which is actually a Christmas tree), and some floral shapes to represent the star on the sketch.  The colors for this card come from the newest challenge at Global Design Project.


Thanks for stopping by!  The Freshly Made Sketches design team have got some GREAT cards to share with you this week so be sure to check them out.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Cloud White (Reverse Confetti); Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!); Berry Sorbet (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Basket stencil (StencilGirl); Feuilles Asymétriques die; Feuilles Tropicales die, Sapins die (Simply Graphic); Button Stacks die, Button Stacks II die (Papertrey Ink); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver); crochet thread

12 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh wow! this is cool! I love your take on the sketch - that textured background is just awesome!

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I adore your texture in the background and the totally FUN shapes you layered on this. GREAT take on both the challenges!!

Lisa Elton said...

I always love seeing what you do with the sketches!! This is fabulous Jen!!

Happy Dance said...

Now this is cool. I love what you've done with this sketch! The embossing paste circle is amazing, and the colors of your other shapes are just happy! Love that fun flower and the 'Christmas tree' triangle. What a great card, Jen! Love everything about it! Bev

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing like a good slathering of embossing paste...lol....this card is very cool! Fun graphic design!

Jen Brum said...

What an amazing card Jen! I just love it! You've chosen such amazing pieces and I love that background! So fantastic!

Karren said...

Well, how clever are you to use French dies on our French sketch this week (should we rename to Frenchly Made Sketches when Cecile is our hostess?? ha ha. Anyway, this card is so beautifully laid out and works perfectly.

Jen Timko said...

And channel Cécile you did! Perfect way to use the sketch. Love that stenciling!

Amy O said...

Oooooh, you did a great job of channeling Cecile! Love the embossing paste and fun mix of dies.

michele said...

lovely..

Cécile RIBON said...

I knew you would make a CAS perfection out of my Sketch! and you've outdone my expectations ... This is définitly the perfect CAS perfection, Jen!

Stampingcountry said...

Cute card! Lovely color combo!