Thursday, September 14, 2017

CAS(E) This Sketch 239

Christmas continues here!  My card for the latest CAS(E) This Sketch is another Christmas themed one - that's two this week!  The holiday mailing season will be here before we know it and I want to be ready.  Luckily I saw a Christmas card within that sketch.



I have a mantra:  when in doubt use vellum.  That long horizontal layer had me stymied for a bit.  I had already decided on the striped patterned paper and the wreath image layered on top of it, but I wasn't sure about that thin layer with the sentiment.  Vellum proved to be the answer.  It didn't cover up my wreath or the patterned paper and provided a nice spot to heat emboss a sentiment.

At Muse this week Tracey McNeely gave us a Christmas card with a wreath and it's "anything goes" at the Merry Christmas Challenge.  Since Christmas is much closer than I care to admit, I'm throwing my hat in the ring at these challenges in the hope that it will spur me to make more of the same very soon!

Thanks for stopping by!  And please join us at CAS(E) This Sketch.  Our design team has got some great cards to inspire you!

Supplies
Stamps:  Wreath For All Seasons (Papertrey Ink); Handy Christmas Greetings (Amy R Stamps)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Real Red, Vellum, Merry Moments DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Old Olive, Real Red (Stampin' Up!); Versamark
Accessories:  black embossing powder; rhinestones (KaiserCraft)

15 comments:

Cards By MI said...

Lovely card and I love the CAS sketch. Fabby! Thanks for joining us over at The Merry Christmas Challenge.
Love n hugs
Marie

Linda Callahan said...

I must remember that mantra because the vellum looks heat here! Sweet Christmas card!

Linda Callahan said...

That should say looks great here.....lol

Happy Dance said...

This one looks like it would be fairly simple to make several of for your Christmas stash. What a sweet card, Jen! LOVE those stripes and that pretty wreath. Perfectly CAS! Bev

Karren said...

And another gorgeous Christmas card! If you feel the urge to mass-produce and send some my way, I won't say no ;)

Janis Lewis said...

So cute!
Janis, The Merry Christmas Challenge Owner/DT

Leigh Penner said...

Super pretty take on the sketch, Jen!

ElizStewart said...

So loved your card at Case this Sketch... but it is the perfect simple wreath here!

Ardyth said...

Gorgeous use of classic colours to combine these two challenges! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

Papercraft Boutique said...

A perfect CAS Christmas card, Jen! The stripe background and the wreath are so pretty! And I love the mantra. ;-D Hideko

stampingbowd said...

This is gorgeous! I fell in love with this one when I was scrolling through the inspiration!!! Wonderful CAS with so much to grab my attention!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen this is wonderful I love the red and white spirited paper as a backdrop for your pretty wreath, the idea with the vellum strip is brilliant. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Muse this week!

Robyn Oliver said...

Fabulous card Jen, the wreath looks really cool in a different layout

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty wreath and I love how you added the diagonal red striped papers! Beautiful take on Tracey's card and great job combining challenges, Jen!

SugarGem said...

This is so crisp and pretty 😍