Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 314

Hello!  And happy Thanksgiving Eve to all my American friends!  I don't think that's really a thing, but having hosted thanksgiving dinner for many years I am aware of how important the day before the actual holiday is and how much work it can be putting together a big dinner for an extended family.  So to everyone out there who is busy slicing, dicing, chopping, baking, and otherwise occupied in the kitchen kudos to you!  Be sure to relax a bit too and actually enjoy the holiday!

Now to switch gears a bit!  Today we debut a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our design comes to us from Narelle.  I love how she manages to subdue her love of layers when it's her turn to design the sketch and keep it to just three or four.  I actually took one of her layers and inlaid it into my cardbase so I don't even think that counts as a layer!


I made a slight change on my card by not adding the sentiment over the circle layer.  The poinsettia was just too pretty to cover up, so I made sure to stamp my sentiment enough to the left so that the poinsettia would stand alone.

That's it for me today.  I've got some shopping to do to get ready for the big day and I need to get a move on!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll have a chance to play along with our sketch and join us in the gallery at Freshly Made Sketches!

Supplies
Stamps:  Keep It Simple:  Joyeux Noel (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Hello Honey (Stampin' Up!); Pinefeather, Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink); Naturals White (Neenah)
Ink:  Pinefeather (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); Circles die (Little B)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Simply elegant! I love the pop of the red against Crumb Cake! I have three pies to make today and I am good to go!

Jen Brum said...

What a fabulous card! I love that gorgeous poinsettia! Stands out so nicely against the Kraft! Look at you and your french sentiment!!!! Well done!!!

Karren said...

Very clever take on the sketch, Jen! The inlaid die-cut really CASifies the multi-layer sketch. And you're so right about the pretty poinsettia.

Lisa Elton said...

Your pop of red is perfectly festive Jen! This is marvelous!

Jen Timko said...

This is such a "you" card. A perfect example of why I'm one of your biggest fans!! Every detail, perfect!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I wish I could create like you Jen! You make less layers look so elegant! You have created such a gorgeous clean card and used the perfect circle stamp for the background - if I tried this - I'd end up with a card that wouldn't look right.