Saturday, November 18, 2017

'Tis the Season

I feel like this is the all-Christmas all-the-time channel!  But I just googled it and there's only 37 days until Christmas {gasp} and my cards need to be in the mail well before that so I'm not-so-fast and furiously creating them.

My card today was inspired by the colors at Color Throwdown and the sketch at Fusion.  I had one version of this card nearly complete before I realized that it was total junk and scrapped it to create this one instead.  This one is so much better!



I do love making a shaker card because they are so fun!  Hopefully the recipient will love it too!  In addition to the sequins I layered on some die cut snowflakes - and discovered in the process of making this card that one of my snowflake die sets has gone missing.  Oh no!!!  I'm sure it will turn up mis-filed somewhere....

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Fa La La (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Pacific Point, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); glitter cardstock (Recollections)
Ink:  Silvery Shimmer Delicata (Tsukineko)
Accessories:  Stitched Mini Scallop Square die (My Favorite Things); Lindemon Snowflake die (Memory Box); Funky Flakes die (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps); silver cord (Stampin' Up!)

12 comments:

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!!

Linda Callahan said...

Well you do well under pressure! I love how gorgeous this is!

paperkicks said...

Beautiful card and design!! Love the dimension!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the frosty blues and crisp white Jen, this is PRETTY!

Kelly S. said...

So fresh and lovely, I can feel the winter chill!

LeAnne said...

Oh no, I hope you find your die. I hate it when that happens! Meanwhile, this is glorious! LOVE those colors and what a sweet shaker!

Trina P. said...

Gorgeous shaker card, Jen. So classy. Love this colour combo.

Vickie Z said...

Great use of the sketch and colors!! Love this shaker card and sweet snowflake! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is so pretty and fun, Jen! I love shaker cards (or any interactive cards for that matter) too!
The shades of blue with silver look so elegant and refreshing. It's a fabulous take on the fusion sketch! Hideko

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so pretty, Jen! I love shaker cards!!

cm said...

The person receiving you shaker will absolutely adore it, as do I! The blue/white is winter fresh lovely! So delighted to see your creativity in the FUSION gallery! Hope your snowflake die has re-appeared!
~carol

Kim S said...

Such a pretty shaker - and I love the layered embellishment you created!