Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches 317

Well it seems I did, in fact, have another Christmas card in me this year!  It's not really my fault though.  There's a bunch of challenges going on right now with Christmas themes and they really got me in the mood!

Today, of course, is time for a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  And it's a nail biter because I am the hostess!  I created a square sketch (of course) but feel free to use another shape if squares give you the heebie jeebies!



I used some oldie-but-goodie colors from Stampin' Up! on this card.  I think some of these are the very first "in colors" that they came out with many moons ago - and they are still my faves.  I especially love using them on Christmas cards.

As I mentioned there are a bunch of Christmas challenges out there but I didn't want to go crazy!  So I'm adding this to Cupcake Inspirations and Fab Friday.  They are both Christmas-paloozas!


Thanks for stopping by.  And go check out the amazing creations from our super-creative design team.  They will inspire you to play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches, I'm sure!

Supplies
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp, Sahara Sand (Stampin' Up!); Cloud White (Reverse Confetti); Bristol Smooth (Strathmore)
Ink:  Cranberry Crisp (Stampin' Up!); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Jingle All the Way die (My Favorite Things); Sprinkles enamel dots (Doodlebug Designs)

12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

He is a right jolly old elf isn't he!! This is such a fun card Jen. I can see why you like the colors, they're perfect for this one!

Amy O said...

Oh, my gosh! I had forgotten about these colors. They look fabulous here. And I love the subtle harlequin pattern in the background. So glad you had another Christmas card in you, because this one is so fun!

LeAnne said...

Love this little guy, and I WISH they would bring back Cranberry Crisp...what a great color that was! He's a jolly old soul for sure!

Heather said...

What a cutie - love this capering Santa - you've colored him beautifully! I know you'll be a great hostess! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Linda Callahan said...

That sentiment made me smile! I love your dancing Santa! And I loved your square design this week!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card Jen! I love your Santa and that sentiment is totally fabulous!!! Love the look of the red!!! Stands out so nicely!!! Totally perfect for Christmas!

Jen Timko said...

This guy is so much fun!! And oh, those colors look so fresh and new here. Love this, Jen!

Kim S said...

I love that stamp set - it's SO happy!! And how fabulous is your thyme and cranberry color combo. Classic!

Stampingcountry said...

Love that Santa is kicking his heels! Cute Card!

Indy's Designs said...

Super cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie

Karren said...

I'm sorry I'm so late visiting to tell you how fabulous this card is! That Santa always cracks me up, and it was your use of this image that got me buying that set last year! Anyway, love this card and I loved your sketch.

Bada-Bing Creations said...

This is too stinking cute! Ho cubed! Love it! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!