Thursday, February 15, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 259 Meets Fusion

Hey all!  It's time for a couple of new challenges.  We've got a great sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and at Fusion there is a great spring time inspiration challenge.




I love how this card turned out.  At first I was a little stumped by that long vertical layer on the sketch until I went searching through my stash and found this grungy banner-type image.  I also knew that I wanted to add some floral images in shades of pink to mimic the inpiration photo and a day or so before I sat down to make this card I saw that someone on the Splitcoast Stampers buy/sell/trade forum was looking for the Funky Floral stamp set from Papertrey Ink.  I was pretty sure that I had that stamp set but wasn't sure what it looked like so I took a look at it.  Turns out it is one of my faves and it's on my "never get rid of" list.  But more importantly, seeing it put it forefront in my mind when it came time to make this card.  Who needs new stuff when I've got plenty of old stuff I can use!

The Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is looking for a die cut.  I've got that with my little leafy sprig so I've got that covered too!

Thanks for stopping by!  My teamies at both CAS(E) This Sketch and Fusion have got some fabulous cards to show you for these challenges so I hope you are inspired to play along!

Supplies
Stamps:  Funky Florals (Papertrey Ink); Hello Hello (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose (Stampin' Up!); Smokey Shadow (Papertrey Ink)

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

WOWZA Jen, great find on that little grungy banner! It's a perfect representation of the woodgrain. This is just beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

Yep it's all about that fabulous grungy banner! The pink flowers are great with it!

Happy Dance said...

Oh. My. Gosh! This is a perfect take on this sketch. PERFECT!! I love what you've done with it! That grungy panel, and those delicate flowers and vine... I think this is simply amazing. So very, very cool. Love it!! Bev

Barb Ghig said...

You did a great job combining challenges, Jen! I love your grungy banner and your funky florals and sprigs are the perfect CAS elements for both sketches! Way to go using your older stash, too...frankly I wouldn't part with that stamp/die set either :)

Leigh Penner said...

I love this, Jen! Super pretty take on the sketch!

Lucille K said...

I just love that grungy banner on your pretty card :)

ElizStewart said...

Beautiful card Jen!

Stef Perry said...

The grungy banner is such a great contrast to those pretty flowers! Terrific way to combine both challenges.

Virginia L. said...

Everything is SPOT ON!! ADORE this CAS beauty!! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Add a Die Cut” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

Brian King said...

Such a beautiful card, Jen! I love everything about it and how you so smartly combined both sketches. The flowers are so soft against that black stripe. <3