Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 325

Hello!  It's time for a new challenge from your friends at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our sketch is brought to you Amy.  It's got some great layers - and as you'll see I took some creative license with those!



My lion is the star and my sentiment ended up being a long thin strip instead of a circle.  But I can still see the sketch so it's all good!

My card is actually a CASE of THIS card by Debbie Olson.  I knew right away when I saw the sketkch that I wanted to use this particular stamp set so I went looking for some inspiration on how to color it.  Mr. Google led me to Debbie's card so I not only borrowed the colors but I especially loved how she added some leafy greenery behind the lion to make the scene more jungle-like.  (I had originally intended to use patterned paper for that smaller layer, but think the die cut greenery looks much better)! 

I'm also joining the challenge at Addicted to CAS where they are looking for CATS!  As the proud mama of two kitties myself I just had to play along.  I'm pretty sure that my card breaks all of their CAS rules but since the style of this card is a bit clean they will hopefully overlook that my white space isn't white and I've got a bit more layers and embellishments than they want.  And if that fails then I'll just say "my kitties made me do it!"

Thanks for stopping by!  Our fabulous Freshly Made Sketches design team has got their usual fabulous creativity going on so stop by and check this challenge out.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Wild About You (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Soft Suede, Crumb Cake (Stampin' Up!); Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Bristol Smooth (Strathmore)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!); Copics
Accessories:  Burlap Impression Plate (Papertrey Ink); Stitched Rounded Rectangle die, Leafy Greenery die (My Favorite Things); Feuilles Tropicales die (Simply Graphic)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

Your lion is adorable! And yep, the greenery is a perfect touch. Love how you used the sketch, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Cuteness overload going on here! Adorable!

Lisa Elton said...

OH, he's cute!! I like the jungle leaves you added behind him and the textured card base. This is so dang cute Jen!

Stampingcountry said...

Cute, Cute, Cute! That lion is adorable!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is just too cute Jen! I love that little lion and his leaves! He's so sweet! Fantastic colouring!! Such a happy card!!!

Karren said...

This little lion is just too cute and he looks fabulous with the foliage behine him and the kraft panel. Such an adorable card.

Jen Timko said...

I'm totally in love with this!! That texture is so cool!! And yep, the coloring is perfect! I'll be filing this in my coloring pins for future reference!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! This little guy is just gorgeous and I adore the combination of dies you've used!

Jaydee said...

Jen such a wonderful card and I am in love with that little lion. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee