Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Birthday Butterfly

For once in a really long time I have created a card just for fun!  No DT card challenges here - I've made a card just because I wanted to...


I was inspired by the colors at TGIF and my layout comes from Fab Friday.  Butterflies are a favorite of mine and I've been neglecting them this long, cold winter.  Since spring officially starts today I thought it would be nice to make a card featuring a butterfly to welcome the season.


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Papillon (The Stamp Market); Sentimental Birthday (Winnie & Walter)
Paper:   Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink): Garden Green, Daffodil Delight, Whiper White, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Papillopn die (The Stamp Market); Banne Trio die (WPlus9); black embossing powder

8 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Love your card to celebrate the first day of spring! I've been using butterflies a bit lately too...makes this cold wet weather a little easier to bear! I really like the color combo and the butterfly pops against that yellow! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

What a pretty butterfly - love the shape and coloring of it - simple and sweet, and VERY suited to the first day of Spring! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Card Bomb said...

Your card is gorgeous and is so perfect for the first day of spring! Your butterfly makes me smile! Thanks for playing with us this week at TGIF Challenges!
-Maria

Patti said...

Oh! so glad you wanted to make this one!! : ) It so sweet and "springy"

Have a great rest of your week.

Patti

Nora Noll said...

Oh this is so pretty!! I love the way you used the pink butterfly with that sketch!!

Lisa Elton said...

I so happy to see you took a little 'me' time to create for fun! This is lovely Jen!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

Oh so pretty! I love how clean and simple it is. That butterfly really pops! Thanks for playing at Fab Friday!

Wendy Weixler said...

Clean. Simple. BEAUTIFUL!!! You ROCKED this sketch, girl!! :)