Thursday, April 19, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 268

It's time for another sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch!  I'm not afraid to tell you that this sketch had me stumped at first.  I tried a couple of different versions before I settled on this one.



I wish that I had angled my little watercolored panel a bit to mimic the sketch but that didn't occur to me until after I cut it!  And if you could see the previous versions I came up with you would understand that I just wanted to make a card that was pleasing to the eye and basically followed the sketch.  In my eye this one did the trick so I went with it!  And I know that the sentiment is in the wrong direction BUT I wanted to keep it within the layer on the side (a-la the sketch) and the only way I could do that was to turn it so that is was vertical.  At Creative With Stamps they are celebrating 2 years with a challenge that is CAS with a sentiment.  I think this fits the bill!



Thanks for stopping by!  Our amazing CAS(E) This Sketch design team has created some fantastic cards using this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Say What (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Cool Carribbean (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Broken China, Mustard Seed (Distress); Onyx Black (Versafine)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just check g on you. It’s been far to long, but nice to see you are still creating. ❤️

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful! Great take on the sketch!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I love this!! The colors are so translucent and lovely!! Simply beautiful design.

Patti said...

Cool Sketch!! and I love your take on it : ) Beautiful panel you colored!!

Karren said...

Oh this is beautiful! Your watercolored panel is so very pretty and what a great job with a challenging sketch.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your take on the sketch Jen and that pretty little strip of watercoloring!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Love that gorgeous watercolor panel. Great font for the sentiment on this particular sketch. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CWS, Jen!

maria f. said...

Very pretty - and that sketch would have stumped me too!

Dorlene Durham said...

LOVE this card. So simple but striking! Great job and thanks for joining the challenge at Creative With Stamps. Dorlene DT CWS

Aileen said...

Beautiful, what a wonderful colour combo and even though you didnt cut to follow the sketch it is perfect. Love it.