Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 338

We've got a fantastic sketch for you this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  It was designed by Kim and has got lots of possibilities.


I decided to do a little ombre coloring on those vertical images.  I also meant to do them dark to light - bottom to top - but forgot that my stamp positioner was a mirror image and after I applied the ink what I got was light to dark.  Oops!  No worries - I like it just the same!  The colors, by the way, come from the latest challenge at Sunday Stamps.  And they are looking for birthday cards at CAS on Friday so I'll be adding this over there as well.


Thanks for stopping by!  We are so happy to have you join us at Freshly Made Sketches.  I hope you check out the inspiration from the design team and join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Totally Random Sayings (Essentials by Ellen)
Paper:  White (Catherine Poolr)
Ink: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Pacific Point (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

You are a wonder with one-layer cards! I love your ombre look -- upside down or backwards, whatever.

Linda Callahan said...

Light to dark....dark to light.....it all works! Pretty shades.....and fu; card!

Karren said...

Wonderful and art-y card! Your ombre paint strokes look fabulous dark to light or light to dark.

Heather said...

Ah ha - brilliant use of our colors - why didn't I think of ombre?? Love it, Jen! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Jen Brum said...

Great card Jen! I love those ombre brush strokes! So pretty! What a beautiful birthday card!

Heidi Baks said...

Fun! Your use of the opposite ends of the color wheel is very dynamic. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Jen. Love the colours and the shades. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Friday. Luv, Wilma

Claire Broadwater said...

Brilliant idea, Jen! Love the ombre brush strokes! Great way to use the color combo and the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Kim S said...

This is totally perfect for the sketch - just paint strokes!! Perfect backdrop for the sentiment.