Thursday, June 21, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 277 Meets Fusion

Every couple of weeks I combine the sketch challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch with some of the design elements at Fusion.  This week I got to make a fun, clean and simple card with a bit of a color-block look.



N@ Ali's sketch took the CAS(E) This Sketch design team in many awesome directions this week.  For my part I decided to turn that arrow into a simple line of narrow blocks of color a-la the Fusion challenge then added a simple sentiment on top of them.  The card went together pretty easily - aside from some angst about making sure those tiny strips of cardstock were the same width!

So we'd love to see you in the respective galleries at CAS(E) This Sketch and Fusion.  I hope you'll join us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Painted Butterflies (Altenew)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); White (Catherine Pooler); Vintage Jadite (Papertrey Ink); Pacific Point, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair)

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I adore this! I love how you took the colors to the minimum! Very clever!

Barb Ghig said...

Clever take on the inspiration photo and I love how you combined the sketch in your design! Really cute CAS card, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

Perfect on both counts Jen!!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous take on the sketch and on the inspiration photo!

Michal said...

This is brilliant!! Love it!

Karren said...

This card made my CAS-loving heart go pitter-pat! This is absolutely stunning in its simplicity!

Kim S said...

So simple yet so fun with your use of color!!

Claire said...

I missed this one - love it! Simple perfection!