Thursday, August 16, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 285 Meets Fusion

My card today, which combines the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch with the inspiration at Fusion was a doozy for me!  Many years ago I tried my hand at a galaxy technique which made a fun background that looked like a long view into space.  I forgot how I did it so I resorted to Google to help me out!



I found a video from Jennifer McGuire using Distress Oxide inks that seemed pretty easy.  So I embarked on my galaxy adventure using her technique.  Lessons learned include using WAY less PearlEx in my spritz bottle and probably going a bit easier on the Black Soot ink so that some of the colorful ink underneath shows up. 

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you play along with our sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.  But I hope you also play along with us at Fusion.  There you can use the sketch, the inspiration, or both for your card!

Supplies
Stamps:  All About You (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Pretty Amethyst (Fun Stampers Journey); Distress Watercolor (Tim Holtz); Vellum (Graphix)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Wilted Violet, Fossilized Amber, Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Black Soot (Distress Oxide)
Accessories:  You Trio die (My Favorite Things); Picket Fence Distress Paint (Tim Holtz); Silver PearlEx

10 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Love!!

Barb Ghig said...

I'm so impressed with how you combined the sketch from CTS and the inspiration photo from Fusion...Stunning background and I love your sentiment, Jen!

Christine Kiehl said...

Very cool take on this sketch! I love the background!

Lisa Elton said...

To infinity and beyond Jen, super cool!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love that. Background you created! Beautiful card!

Karren said...

Another great combination of the CTS sketch and the Fusion inspiration photo. Your galaxy background looks great - one of the reasons I used this photo for the challenge was to force me to make another galaxy background because it's been too long. Turns out, I didn't make one, but the intent was there :)

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous!

Claire said...

Great way to use that background Jen - it fits perfectly with that CTS Sketch. Love how you used the big you' die cut as one of the elements from the sketch too - so clever!

Kim S said...

You galaxy is wonderful! And I love your use of vellum with the sketch to show as much of the galaxy as possible!

Claire Grantham said...

I LOVE this, it is so gorgeous. The simplicity of that giant YOU. Cx