Thursday, November 1, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 296

May laptop has passed on to that great technology heaven in the sky so I'm using my trusty old Chromebook to post this.  I actually love this Chromebook and I should probably use it more but there are some things that it can't do that my laptop can so I'll be shopping soon for a replacement.  I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get a Mac this time around so that should be fun learning a whole new operating system!

But enough about my technology woes.  It's Thursday and it's time for a new challenge from CAS(E) This Sketch.  This week I'm pleased as punch to say that our guest designer is my old friend Kim who is my fellow design team member over at Freshly Made Sketches!  Now onto that challenge!



It was a short leap from that sketch to this card.  The sketch elements were tailor-made to a repeating word image.  So I stamped the word "merry" three times then die cut the same out of some red cardstock a bunch of times, glued those pieces together for some dimension, and stuck it on top of the stamped image in the middle.  I did add a glittery border around the card and some Wink of Stella to the red die cut layer but I'm quite sure neither shows up in the photo!  The colors for my card were inspired by the inspiration challenge at Just Us Girls and at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge it's an anything goes week!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll join us at CAS(E) This Sketch.  My fellow design team members have created some fabulous cards to get your creative juices flowing!

Supplies
Stamps:  In a Word Merry (Winnie & Walter)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up!); glitter paper (Recollections)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  In a Word Merry die (Winnie & Walter); Wink of Stella

8 comments:

Patti said...

Hi Jen : ) GREAT card! I love the clean and cheerful design and colors. Perfect take on both challenges : )

Happy Dance said...

I highly recommend the Mac, Jen. I got tired of all the updates required by my old PC, and it finally crashed when I tried to update my Silhouette software...went to an iMac and have loved it ever since! What a great card!! LOVE this idea, and it looks wonderfully easy to replicate for the season. Really sweet. Bev

I Card Everyone said...

love, Love, LOVE! your card... do you remember the Libby commercial? You would like it, like it, like it on your table, table, table. btw I'm totally clueless, so I won't attempt to skew your decision... good luck!
xx M

Lisa Elton said...

Love the one big bold Merry sandwiched between the more CAS versions! This is cute Jen!

Kim S said...

Thank you for the shout out!! LOVE what you've done. How sweet and simple and so very merry!

Karren said...

Such a great graphic card! Great way to use the sketch. I went to a MacBook Pro earlier this year from a Windows laptop and I love it. I thought it would be hard using Mac at home and Windows at work but it's fine. Good luck with your decision. Just remember that Macs don't have normal usb ports - or at least mine doesn't, so I had to buy a converter as well. Not a big cost but annoying if you don't get it at the same time.

donna mikasa said...

Oh I love a CAS Christmas card and this one rocks!
Super cool take on the sketch, Jen!

Marge said...

Oh this is such a beautiful CAS card, Jen.
Love the fun variation of letters.
Very inspiring.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Marge