Thursday, November 8, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 297 Meets Fusion

I've got another meld of challenges for you today.  It's the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch as well as some inspiration from Fusion.



Being a wine lover I thought it would be fun to incorporate a wine theme into my card.  Alas I don't have any wine stamps and a search through Etsy for a digital one proved non-fruitful (pun intended)!  So I did the next best thing - a wine ring as the background.  Similar to a coffee ring only purple!

The leaves are fun and the multi-step stamping allows them to be quite colorful.  I chose to keep mine in the yellow/orange range in keeping with the inspiration photo and introduced the wine color in the form of my rings in the background.  Even still I thought something was missing so I threw on a few green sequins.  I spy a spot of green in that photo too!

My new MacBook came on Wednesday and I'm using it to type this post.  So far so good with the PC to Mac learning curve!  I love how cute it is and bonus...I was texting my sister while I was typing this post...so much easier to to with a full, grown-up sized keyboard!

So we've got a great new sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch and at Fusion you can do the sketch or be inspired by the photo or {gasp} both...and create some fusion!  Whatever you decide, I hope to see you in one or both of those galleries!

Supplies
Stamps:  With Gratitude (Altenew); Java Spills (Stamping Bella)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes)
Ink:  Autumn Blaze, Orange Cream, Firebrick, Sunkissed (Altenew); Rich Razzleberry (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Blueprints 13 die (My Favorite Things); Royal Garden sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh the wine circles are fun, this is cute Jen!

Nora Noll said...

This is so clever!! LOVE the wine circles!!

Karren said...

Your wine stain looks wonderful behind those gorgeous leaves! Another great combination of challenges.

Kim S said...

What a fabulous grouping - and I LOVE the colors!

donna mikasa said...

A wine ring? Too fun, Jen! Great take on the sketch!