Thursday, November 15, 2018

CAS(E) This Sketch 298

I am totally committed to the gnome craze this year and the new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch, designed by Donna, fit right into my gnome-plan! 



These gnomes are just so dang cute!  Every time I go into Marshalls or TJ Maxx I can't help but roam around the Christmas decorations smiling at all the gnomes that I see.  And they're a great winter decoration with their warm hats and beard too!  So when I saw my friend Jen Timko using this fun stamp set I knew right away that I needed to have it.  I used a silver shimmer vellum to die cut a couple of snowflakes which I layered behind my little guy.  After I glued them to my card I thought they might look a tad like I gave him antlers but the glue was stuck fast so they had to stay! 

I made this card on Sunday and just before I sat down to write this blog post (on Wednesday) I decided to have a look at the newest Color Throwdown challenge.  Well what to my wondering eyes should appear --- but the colors (or a reasonable facsimile) that I used on my card!  What a happy coincidence!  That's one of my favorite challenges and I don't play along with them nearly as much as I used to so it's nice to join in this week.


How will our CAS(E) This Sketch challenge inspire you this week?  Join us in the gallery!  And thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  A Gnome Winter (Picket Fence Studios)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Baja Breeze, Ski Slope DSP (Stampin' Up!); vellum (Grafix)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Polychromos
Accessories:  Snowfall Backdrop Portrait die (Lawn Fawn); Snowflake Trio die (amuse.studio)

8 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

this is a super cute card, saved this sketch to try out but love the gnome on yours

donna mikasa said...

With or without unintended antlers, that is one cute gnome! And I love how you used him on your card--just perfect for the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

He is too dang cute for his own good! Love this Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Omg I love this!

Evelyn S. said...

Oh, that gnome! This is a darling card!

Claire Grantham said...

I love this, the Gnome is hilarious and now I too want the set! Love it when the colours on your card coincide with Color Throwdown. Cx

Jen Timko said...

I totally love him!!!

TK said...

Your card is so sweet! Love the "knit" look behind the knit cap of Santa!