Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 366 and a DT Call

It's an exciting day at Freshly Made Sketches!  Not only do we have a fantastic new sketch designed by Cécile but we are also looking to add some designers to our merry band of card makers!


You'll find all the details over at Freshly Made Sketches but I'll give you a little teaser.  If you want to join us on the design team just play along with this challenge and/or next week's challenge and when you enter your project in our gallery simply put DT Call after your name!  Simple, right?  I'm so excited to see who wants to join our fun group!

Now let's get on to that fabulous challenge I mentioned earlier.  Cécile's sketch is so clever and I love how each member of the design team interpreted it.  I suspect the gallery is going to be full of eye candy this week!  Here's my card...



I wanted to do something a little unexpected with that striped background and luckily I just had gotten this new diagonal cover up die so I put two die cuts (layered in opposing ways) together and got this cool background.  Then I added a glittery tree and a tiny sentiment.  This went together so quickly - it is literally as easy as it sounds!  Over at Global Design Project they've got a 'Tis the Season challenge going on so I think my little sparkly tree fits in nicely there.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to see you in our Freshly Made Sketches gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tiny Words Christmas (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Champagne Glimmer (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Celestial Copper (Delicata)
Accessories:  Cover Up Die Diagonal ('Lil Inker Designs); Sketch Tree die (Memory Box); Skinny Mini Banners die (Papertrey Ink)

9 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful CAS take on the sketch, Jen! I love that you chose this cover plate for your background and your sparkly gold tree is absolutely perfect!

Linda Callahan said...

Cool indeed! Those dies made a fabulous background! Classy card!

Lisa Elton said...

Your sparkly tree looks lovely on your fancy layered background! This is elegant Jen!

Flair Girl said...

Very beautiful card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this card is amazing Jen! I just love that background! It's just fabulous! That sparkly tree looks amazing with it! Such a gorgeous Christmas card!

Amy O said...

What a genius idea to layer that background die! The pretty gold tree looks so elegant against the white, textured background. Lovely card, Jen!

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!! I love the fun die cut background and the GOLD tree is spectacular!! You rocked this!

Karren said...

Oh, that cover plate is gorgeous and to flip it is so clever! Such a beautiful card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Truly one beautiful and very elegant Christmas card - you can't go wrong with white and gold!