Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 368

I'm back after a bit of a card-making/blogging break!  I had a sick kitty in the house and between the guilt I was feeling for not calling the vet sooner and the time spent giving her warm compresses I was not in a very creative mood.  But I'm happy to say she's on the mend!

Today, of course, is the day when we reveal a new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess is Narelle and I love those tilty layers she's given us.  This is our last challenge for 2018 and we'll be back on January 2nd with a brand new sketch.  In the meantime....


After weeks and weeks of making Christmas cards I took a much needed break and made a thank you card.  After all, the gifts we receive at Christmas need a thank you card sent to the giver, right?  At Challenge Up Your Life they are looking for thank you themes so that was a big part of the inspiration for my card! 


I went bold with my colors using Melon Mambo as my background and added some contrast with Basic Gray and an old favorite Kiwi Kiss.  Maybe someday Stampin' Up! will make my dreams come true and bring that color (and Baja Breeze) back!  I'd buy reams of those colors if they did, lol!

Our Freshly Made Sketches challenge will stay open until December 31st so if you need a little inspiration after the Christmas craziness winds down then come on over and join us!  There's plenty of inspiration to be had with our amazing design team creations!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Best Blossoms (Stampin' Up!); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Melon Mambo, Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Walk in the Park DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)

8 comments:

Kim S said...

I'm so happy for the kitty!! And I love the bright, bold colors you came back with!! The patterns are wonderful behind the flowers.

Amy O said...

I love these bright happy colors! And I miss Kiwi Kiss and Baja Breeze, too. Have a wonderful Christmas with your sweet kitty. Glad to hear she's doing better.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the depth and bright colors, this is lovely Jen! Sorry about your kitty, hope she's doing better.

Silke said...

O, yes! I hope that SU makes your wish come true. I love the colours as well. Love your fresh colours. Many thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at Challenge Up Your Life.
Hugs, Silke

Linda Callahan said...

What a glorious burst of color! Smart and oh so stylish! So called your kitty is on the mend and doing well!

Jen Brum said...

Oh I love this card Jen! That pink background is amazing!!! So bright and cheery!! So glad that your sweet little kitty is feeling better!!!

Nora Noll said...

I love the colors you chose to use on this!! The gray/green/pink look so fabulous together!! I also like that you used pattern paper on one side versus texture on the other. So cool!!

Karren said...

I hope that your kitty is back to full health? Such a bright and cheerful card and a welcome change from all the Christmas cards one sees at this time of year. The colors just make me smile!