Thursday, January 3, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch 303

We've got a retro sketch for you this week at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I have to admit the card that I made the first time around for this sketch was not one my favorites, so as I was contemplating my redux (over several days I might add) thoughts of that card were haunting me and thwarting new ideas.  But simultaneously I was also plotting and planning a giant head start on my 2019 Christmas card stash and had some cards pinned that I was going to CASE.  One of those cards inspired this card.  So using a brand new set I set to work.


I just love this Santa!  He comes with multiple facial expressions but I think this angry one is my favorite.  That look is especially great with these naughty and nice sentiments! 

At CASology the cue word for their first challenge of 2019 is Fresh.  That words means many things to me as I start 2019.  It's a fresh perspective on my card designs, a fresh desire to try new things, and as for this card a sincere, fresh desire to use stamps sets that I've had and have remained un-inked for a while!  I have a few other fresh ideas that I want to accomplish in 2019 but they will remain silent for now.  I have found, oddly, that once I mention something here on my blog that I want to accomplish the exact opposite happens.  I think I jinx myself!  So in order to preserve my goals, they will remain close to my heart for now!


So how will our CAS(E) This Sketch inspire you?  Our design team has created some fantastic cards so you can check them out for ideas.  I highly recommend that you do and then join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Moody Santa (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper:  Desert Storm, Solar White (Neenah); Jungle (Avery Elle); Bristol Smooth (Strathmore)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Copics
Accessories:  Wonky Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things)

9 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

I really did LOL at Santa's angry face and that Naughty/Nice stamped background, Jen! Love your take on the cue word - thanks for sharing with us at CASology and Happy New Year!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this! And I have way too many images that have never seen ink!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh that Santa is being naughty guy!! This is fun Jen!

donna mikasa said...

Such a fun take on the sketch, Jen! I LOVE that grumpy faced Santa!!

I Card Everyone said...

Hey, I think I recognize this Santa as the one that visited my house!!! It's not my fault Tom ate his cookies... fabulous, Jen!
=]

Melissa said...

Love this fresh design, Jen! Good luck with your fresh ideas in the year ahead! :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CASology this week!

Celeste Goff said...

This card is just too much fun and I love your take on the sketch!

Jen W. said...

I'm totally with you - declaring my intentions seems to thwart them every time. Hush hush is the way to go. Love how you used grumpy Santa here especially the sentiment background. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

karen h said...

Oh man, I am so happy to know I'm not the only one with that problem (publicizing = jinxing)! Your card is so fun - love the word background! Thanks for joining us at CASology!