Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 371

It's my turn to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  And you might have guessed already that I designed a square sketch!  But don't worry if squares aren't your thing - you can use whatever shape you are comfortable with.



The colors I chose for my card were inspired by a couple of other challenges.  Inkspirational is looking for kraft and at the The Card Concept they had a photo with the prettiest pink flowers.  On my card I watercolored two pretty flowers in shades of pink and decided to add a bit of yellow and black.  Well I got a bit carried away with the yellow in my zeal to use up some very old patterned paper and sort of forgot about all that white space!  But I love how this turned out - even though I think I botched the intent of The Card Concept challenge!



Thanks for stopping by and please stop by Freshly Made Sketches to check out our design team creations.  I got a sneak peek of them 😉and am swooning in delight over their clever interpretations of this sketch!  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Blossom (Precious Remembrance)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Vellum, Spring Flowers DSP (Stampin' Up!); watercolor (Strathmore)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Leafy die (Reverse Confetti); black embossing powder

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those PRS blooms and that buttery yellow polka dot paper just make my heart happy! This is perfectly charming Jen!

Anila Dikay said...

You made a gorgeous card. Love the combination of Kraft and pink. And lovely sketch too
Thank you for sharing in the Inkspirational gallery

Linda Callahan said...

Delightful card with those pink flowers! Very pretty! And thanks for the fun sketch!

sandie said...

This is stunning. The colours look great against the kraft and the flowers have been softly coloured which gives a lovely contrast to the yellow background. Also great layering of the leaves and flowers. A joy to see you at Ink

Kim S said...

Such a sweet flower - I love how it pops on that soft polka dot!

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card Jen! I just love those soft flowers and I love the polka dot background paper! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Susan Powell said...

Everything about this is cuper cute! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

Amy O said...

This is sweet and oh so pretty! I love the arrangement of the leaves and pretty flowers, and that yellow polka dot paper is perfect for this card. Keep the squares coming!

Karren said...

I love it when you chuck a square sketch at us because I love square cards, but never think to make them - although I sort of missed the bit about the horizontal strip not going right to the sides! Your card is gorgeous - those scribbly flowers are so pretty and bright!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Did not realize you were a square girl! Now I know what to expect! Really love the bright and sunny look to your card and those scribble flowers, or maybe they are loopy, are really fun!