Monday, March 29, 2010

It's Raining Here.......

.....Again.  The last couple of weeks have been pretty stressful (weather-wise) for folks around here.  We've had a tremendous amount of rain which has shown up in cellars everywhere.  Streets were closed because they were flooded and one street not too far from where I live has been partially washed out and is closed indefinitely.  After the worst of the rain, the sun shone brightly and we enjoyed temperatures in the 70's (a rarity in March in Massachusetts).  But Mother Nature is not done with us yet.  It started raining sometime last night and it's expected that many parts around here will see another six inches of rain when all is said and done.  Since there wasn't much else to do in the face of this nasty weather, I retired to my stamp room and set to working on my MOJO132 sketch.
I took a little bit of poetic license with the sketch here in that I omitted the bow (thought it was too fussy for this card) and I omitted the big square in the center because the round stamp I used had a nice rectangle in the center.  And in a nice example of re-purpose, re-use, re-cycle the gray ribbon here is something I salvaged from something-or-other that I just KNEW I would be able to use sometime.  I love finding new uses for old things...

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very nice card.

Leonie said...

Crazy how on one side of the world, we are in drought and in others, floods! Love your card, stay dry :)

Jeaqn said...

The colors here are beautiful Jen. If you enjoy challenges, drop by www.justscraps.ca and check us out. We'd love to have you play along!