Sunday, March 28, 2010

Now That's A Big Card

I don't believe I have ever made a card this big.  It measures a whopping 3 3/4 x 9 inches.  I made it to fit in a standard #10 envelope.

I used the MOJO131 sketch for my layout and the Curtain Call Act 23 color challenge for my palette.  As soon as I saw the MOJO sketch, I knew I wanted to make a BIG card just to make sure all my layers were not too teeny.  And I could not resist the color challenge because these colors together are so awesome.  I was up bright and early today because I thought I was going to do some birding in Plymouth, but when those plans fell through, I went straight to my stamp room.  I won't have a chance to stamp this afternoon since I'm going to Borderland State Park for a meeting.  I'm sure you all know how it is trying to squeeze stamping in whenever you can get it!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

11 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I love the stamped flowers in each block! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

♥♥♥Lea

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty, Jen! love that image as a trio...and super fab framed sentiment:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call...your clean, crisp lines are outstanding!

Melissa said...

I don't usually make cards that big either but this sketch is so beautiful that I may have to try it. You did a great job with the colors - the image is perfect and clean and simple...thanks for joining us at The Curtain Call!

Julie said...

Big, and wonderful! Great job on this. Thanks for playing in the Curtain Call this week.

Marisa said...

Wonderful combination of the Curtain Call and Mojo sketch! Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing.

Shelley said...

Super sweet card! All the layers are so decadent! Just great! thanks for joining the Crew this week!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

I agree with the rest of the girls - what a pretty card! Thanks so much for playing!

Sue said...

very beautiful, you have worked both the colors and the layout brilliantly! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

Angela said...

wow! I love what you have done! it is simply gorgeous

Anonymous said...

beautiful as always Jeanette!

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

whow this is a really really pretty card with the colour challenge
I sure love your the softeness of it!
excellently done!