Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Color Throwdown Turns 100

Every Wednesday I visit the Color Throwdown blog and contemplate something like this:
Sometimes I take up the challenge thinking "I can handle this."  Other times, I feel like I can't possibly handle it and I slink away and wait for the next Wednesday and a new challenge.  But this week I was determined to give it a go because this week the Color Throwdown blog celebrates their 100th challenge.  That's a lot of colors!  And I wanted to participate so that everyone involved in the blog knows how much I appreciate their dedication and the time committment involved in putting something like that together week after week.  What inspiration they provide!  So I humbly present my little card using the above colors.

I referred to my little binder of sketches for this one and dragged out a Fall-To Layout 43 sketch from about a year ago.  I think the red flowers provide just the right amount of pop against the somewhat more subdued colors of regal rose, baja breeze and certainly celery.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

9 comments:

Kisa Peters said...

Ohh! The simplicity is stunning! Love it!

Erica said...

Smart idea to go to your binder for this color combo. I'm adding it to mine. I really had fun with it. The sketch really works.

Carol L said...

What a fabulous card! I love how you used the CTD colors here, and I also love all the white space. Beautifully done! Thanks for playing along!

simpa said...

This lot of white makes this card 'play'! Excellent!
Can You explain what is 'binder'? (Sorry:-)...)

dj said...

love love love it....all that white really makes these colors stand out beautifully...awesome job!! Thanks for taking part in this exciting 100th Color Throwdown Challenge.....don't forget to hop around to all the blogs and leave some love...that will increase your changes of winning!!

Pam Speidel said...

STAMP-TASTIC creation! Love the design and your use of the colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the CTD #100 Challenge! Smiles, Pam :)

Maureen said...

stunning!!! Love the CAS look :)

Laura Pryor said...

Ohhhhhhh!! What a FANTASTIC CARD!!! Beautiful layout, love your images! I always envy a good CAS cardmaker. I try, but I faily! You certainly did not! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!

Jen Mitchell said...

Simpa: a binder is short for three-ring-binder. Like this:
http://www.staples.com/1-Simply-View-Binder-with-Round-Rings-White/product_807732?cmArea=page_rr