Monday, July 26, 2010

Monochromatic Poppy Parade....Almost

I set out to accomplish a few things with this card.

First, I wanted to make a card for the Just Add Ink challenge this week.  Second, I wanted to use a color that I had never used before:  Poppy Parade.  The third thing was actually inspired by the Just Add Ink sketch challenge.  I thought the CAS layout would be perfect for a monochromatic theme.  So I went to work with just two colors:  Very Vanilla and Poppy Parade.  I started to assemble my layers and realized that there was just too much poppy going on for my taste, so at the last minute I decided to mount the "thank u" sentiment on an Early Espresso square.  Even though I had not made a truly monochromatic card, I thought it looked pretty neat.  So off I go, putting all my layers together.  Once I finished I looked at the sketch again and thought:  "What a major bummer."


As you can see here, the sentiment is supposed to go to the left of the squares.  Not BE one of the squares.  Since I couldn't undo what I had already done, I decided to put a row of dots from the Punched Posies set where the sentiment should have gone.  I'm going to link it up to the challenge and pray that I don't get deleted for blatantly not following the sketch.  I suppose that I should be happy that I at least achieved one of my goals with this card!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

6 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Hi Jen - I think your card is lovely and a sketch is open to interpretation, after all. Adding the spots was inspired. Thanks for playing along with JAI.

AJ said...

This is so gorgeous, love how you've used the sketch! Can't wait to get my hands on Poppy Parade myself! :) Thanks for playing!

Jodene said...

This is a striking colour combo,and I love how you have added just a touch of black. Beautiful card!

Patrice said...

Love your card, gorgeous colour choice!

Anonymous said...

luv it! I just love this set!

Danielle Daws said...

Beautiful! I love how you've interpreted the sketch!