A Waltzingmouse and Pals Paper Arts Birthday

Sunday, July 11, 2010

I love combining challenges when I can.  I saw the Pals Paper Arts challenge to use Basic Gray, So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip first.  Then I saw the Walztingmouse sketch challenge and immediately knew that they should go together.  I decided to give the rock-and-roll technique a go on the butterfly.  I don't think it looks too bad, but I think I got a little too much chocolate on my peanut butter so saffron.  All in all a good day since I was able to use up some more retired dsp.  And, I was able to use a chocolate chip button that I've been hoarding.  I think I've come to the conclusion that my hoarding tendencies have got to come to and end.  What's the point really?  Why in the world should I buy this stuff if all I'm going to do is stare at it?  And I think that if I start using this stuff I've got sitting around, maybe I'll become more creative.  Time will tell...

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

share this on »
{Facebook}
{Twitter}
{Pinterest}
9 Comments »

9 Responses to “A Waltzingmouse and Pals Paper Arts Birthday”

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you did the butterfly as your focal point! Pretty card! Thanks for joining us at PPA!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty! I Love that butterfly!! Great job with the sketch!

♥♥♥Lea

Jill said...

This is beautiful. I love what you have done with the sketch - and the colours - they work so well together!

Julia Aston said...

A great card Jen! love that bg stamping and your pretty butterfly! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

Margaret Moody said...

This is gorgeous, Jen! I love the DSP you used! Love the rock-n-roll technique on the butterfly, too! I know what you mean about hoarding those supplies and embellishments! I need someone to constantly remind me that I bought them to use them! Great job with the color challenge! Thanks for sharing!

Ann Schach said...

Great job rocking and rolling! Such a wonderful technique that works perfectly with this stamp! Love this layout, too! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

Janet's Jive said...

This card is very pretty. I love the Great Friend stamp set.

Claire Brennan said...

FAbby card! I love the rock n roll technique! Thank you for playing along with us @ Waltzingmouse Stamps!

Ren-Yi said...

i know what you mean w/ the hoarding. i'm like that with pattern paper, buttons and ribbons. i always think "what a waste if i use it on this card." but a dear friend told me a secret "if you use up your stash you can buy guilt-free more fun items"

anyways - i love your butterfly and your stamping technique. very well executed.