Friday, January 21, 2011

Bird Challenge

This week the Friday Mashup challenge was to use birds.  This was right up my alley because I have been a bird watcher for about 20 years or so.  In fact some months ago, I purchased a tutorial from Lynn Pratt to learn how to make a cardinal, a downey woodpecker and a baltimore oriole using various Stampin' Up punches.  So this was the perfect challenge to dig that tutorial out and get to work!  I got a lot of help from the FTL sketch challenge layout.

For my card, I made a cardinal and incorporated my long-neglected Woodland Walk dsp as a background.  I really love that woodgrain dsp and I'm not sure why I haven't used it that much!

I ended up not having enough room for a sentiment, but I like it all the same!  At least this way, I can use it for whatever occasion comes up!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfect Cadinal for this winter white weather we've been having. Very Pretty!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Jen super cute, I love the paper choice with this and your bird is the best I have seen.. Thanks for doing the Friday Mashup again!!

Hugs
Shirley

Lesley said...

Hi Jen,
I love what you did with the punches! What a terrific card! Isn't that a great sketch this week from FTL!! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!
Smiles,
Lesley
PS Thank you for your kind comment on my blog!!!

Kim O'Connell said...

The woodgrain background against the beautiful bright bird is gorgeous!

Vicky Hayes said...

This card is just the sort of card I love - the woodgrain DP is perfect and I love the punch art bird with the leaves.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Wonderful cardinal. I like your choice of the woodgrained paper.

Karen Aicken said...

I LOVE your cardinal Wow -- excellent card for the CAS sketch. TFS!!!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbookingdotcom

Heather P. said...

Simply gorgeous!

Terry said...

I love your punched cardinal with the Woodland dsp - lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Friday Mashup!.

Holly said...

Love that DSP with the bird.. The cardinal is perfect! Thanks for joining us at the Mashup!