Thursday, January 13, 2011

Color Lab Challenge 24

It's Thursday and time for another challenge from the Color Lab!

Aren't these colors awesome?  I absolutely love earthy colors like Soft Suede and when I first saw this color combo I immediately thought they would make a fabulous non-traditional Valentine's Day card.  The Rose Red and Blushing Bride provide just the right amount of Valentine's cheer!


I decided to go a little shabby with my card.  Initially I didn't intend for it to be that way, but for some reason Soft Suede makes me want to ink up my edges and create a soft vintage look.  You'll notice that the challenge this week was to add just a little bit of Crumb Cake.  I added mine by stamping the woodgrain heart from the I {Heart} Hearts stamp set and then punching out some tiny hearts from that stamped image.  Much cuter than a brad, I say to myself!

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to pop on over to the Color Lab, check out the fabulous colors this week, and create something!  We'd love to see what you do!

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a nice subtle combo for a valentine's card. I love the layered torn edges and the woodgrain hearts are great.

Sunflower Stamper said...

Great card Jen! Simple, sweet and perfect use of the colors!!