Friday, January 14, 2011

Color Throwdown 124

It seems that I'm in a shabby mood.  It started yesterday when I made a Valentine's Day card and continues today with a card I made for the Color Throwdown 124 color challenge.

Brown and blue together are a particular favorite of mine.  Actually brown and any color are favorites of mine!  And I thought the Melon Mambo was a great accent color.


Despite how this may look, it really is Melon Mambo under all that distressing!  A wonderful Antique Brad finishes off the flower nicely!  For this card, I used the Splitcoast Sketch Challenge for my layout.  It has been ages since I've done any challenges on Splitcoast.  In fact, it's been ages since I've uploaded anything to Splitcoast.  I hope I remember how it's done!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

5 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

This is stunning! I love those colours and the way you rotated the sketch!

Vicky Hayes said...

They're great colours and I love this distressed look.

Broni said...

Beautiful card! I love the distressing and how you used the melon as an accent color! Thanks for playing along in the Color Throwdown with us!

sylvia said...

Pretty card Jeanettie. The tearing and distressing is my favorite.

TrishG said...

This is just stunning. I love the effect of the colors, especially the darkened edges. Beautiful flower. Really eye grabbing card!