Thursday, January 27, 2011

Color Throwdown 126

It's no secret that I love earthy colors better than most.  If I see a color challenge that involves Crumb Cake, I heed the call.  The same goes for Early Espresso.  I thought Chocolate Chip was the brown of my dreams until I was introduced to Early Espresso.  In my opinion, this is a brown-lover's idea of heaven.  So this week's Color Throwdown challenge was irresistible to me.

And as if the lure of Early Espresso wasn't enough, this challenge also included an old favorite:  Kiwi Kiss.  I don't have much of this color left in my stash, so I have to use it sparingly.  I love how well it pairs with Early Espresso.

I wanted to do a little bit of tone-on-tone for this card so I embossed the By Definition background stamp with clear embossing powder on a panel of Early Espresso that I layered on top of my Early Espresso card base.  I wish it showed up better in the photo, but it looks so shiny and interesting in real life!

By the way, if anyone is keeping track of the snow storms that have hit my neck of the woods, today I woke up to almost another foot of snow!  It seems like every two weeks or so, we get a major snow storm here!  My snow blower deposits most of the snow from my driveway onto to my front yard, and I am not exaggerating when I say that the snow is about 5 feet deep there!!  I don't expect to see grass until June or so!  Anyway thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Beautiful! Love the embossig in the back!

Vicky Hayes said...

The colours are great. I love the touch of blue in the flower. Keep warm!