Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ColourQ 69 Thank You

Whenever I see Crumb Cake in a color challenge, I'm all over it!  This week the Colour Q challenge was all about Kraft (Crumb Cake), Cajun Craze, Peach Parfait and Rich Razzleberry.

I used the FTL 113 sketch for my layout (which I have used before).  I'm not ashamed to say that I like the original card better!  
I like the colors, I like the layout, but I don't like the RICH RAZZLEBERRY SMUDGE THAT I SOMEHOW MANAGED TO GET ON THIS CARD!!!!!

That's right.  That little splotch on the left side of the card is an unauthorized smudge.  Although I was the only person present in my stamp room when I made this card, I have no idea how it got there!  I didn't even know it was there until I went to take the picture of it, and by then I was too tired to try and re-do it, so the smudge stays.  I've decided to call it Artistic License. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh smudge fudge! Don't you hate it when that happens?! The card is STILL lovely and I adore that sketch. Makes me think I need to go use it myself! Thanks for playing along with the CQC gals this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Great layout - and such a pretty card - I love the stamp!!

Sylvia said...

Oh Jen, We would not have noticed! But I know how frustrating it is. I was coloring a card Monday night for a post and smeared the sentiment and had to start over. This one however could be left unsaid! Your card is lovely, I like the design and the way you used your colors. Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week.

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous card! I agree, I didn't notice "the smudge" until I read the rest of your post! :)
Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ.

Vicky Hayes said...

One of my favourite FTL sketches and I love the card you made with it. Isn't it funny how The Smudge appears?! Obviously the gremlins that usually do the smudging on my cards are on vacation at your house at the moment!

Unknown said...

Hahaha! Don't you HATE it when that happens? I'd go with artistic license too;) I love the CAS look and the pretty stamps you used, thanks for playing CQC! :)

ecila said...

It's beautiful!

Suzanne Bier said...

A beautiful card, for sure! Thanks for playing at the colourQ with us!

Renée said...

gorgeous!

Om oss said...

A really nice card, so simple but still an artwork. This one I must try.